PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this set up?

Fierce
06-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Give me some feedback on what you guys think of the set up and builder. I don't have much knowledge of builders and set ups with the trikes. I've been looking at putting ESR's 330 kit on my 86 ATC http://www.eddie-sanders-racing.com/oscmax/product_info.php?cPath=7_37_13&products_id=11 with +3 stroker crank in it. Its a straight duner that i want to flat hall the mail. I called ESR today just to get a feel for a guy I might do business with. They said send them the bottom end and they'd match the case and do their trx9 (dune port) for around $1750. What do you guys think of their porting, set up, etc . . .

maggiesboy
06-24-2008, 11:50 AM
ESR has been building those for numerous years, they are fairly reliable, and make great power. If you like to get into tight holes while duning, you may want to think about the 7 porting setup with a bit more bottom end grunt. If you are not a hole person, the 9 will work great, if you are a wide open all the time rider (only you know the honest truth) the 11 will be more suited. I say that because we (the cycle shop I used to work at) sold one to a guy with the 11 porting because he said he was a wide open type of rider. He came back complaining of a power loss. Come to find out from his buddies... he was wide open on the flats, where we all are. Once he dropped into an idiot hole, he wouldn't ride the pipe, thus his "lack of power". Just get the jug ported for how you ride you machine. Don't go big nuts to impress anyone, you will only depress yourself if that is not your style.

Just my .02

Bill

Fierce
06-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the input Bill. Yeah I don't want to do anything that will frustrate me down the road, especially if I'm dropping that kind of dough on a machine. Its a dune bike only so where and when I ride it, it'll be in places where the hills are longer and dunes are more wide open. So the 9 would be what I go with. ESR said that with this set up, the bike should be in the mid 60's hp wise.