PDA

View Full Version : big red and sx differences

qwerty
06-21-2008, 07:32 PM
So the big red is 50lbs heavier. Is that because of the the front and rear racks and larger tires? Are they built on the same frame? Is the gearing the same? I hear the sx has better shocks, true, if so how much better? Is carb and everything the same between them, have the same power? Any other differences?

Dirtcrasher
06-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Short and sweet...........

The ES is geared more towards lower speeds and a hunting/utility vehicle.

The SX is sportier but still very much similar with better forks, faster topend and better handling at speed. It can be jumped a bit easier than the ES but still not a true sport trike.

They are both "cadillacs" - reverse, shaft drive and virtually bulletproof.

Once I got a 200X and or a 350X the 250SX has sat for a long time and mine is a built as they get - it's still just an SX.................................

Name Brand
06-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Honda took the same 250cc engine and made a utility machine (Big Red) and also a play machine with it (SX).

WaimakRydah
06-23-2008, 07:25 AM
I rekon they both seem like good solid trikes. I would trade my 200S for either big red or SX any day (as long as they were running etc.) But ATM i would probably chose the SX because I mainly do track and trail riding and the SX seems the best of the 2 for sportier riding while the big red seems more of a utility trike aimed at farmers and hunters.

qwerty
06-24-2008, 12:52 PM
So are the frames the same?