PDA

View Full Version : OMF Engine Skid Plate for the TRI - Z

WI 350X
06-19-2008, 08:39 AM
I called up OMF a couple weeks ago to order the Swingarm skid plate that they still make for the TRI-Z and thought I would also ask about the engine skid plate they used to make. I had emailed Bones, who is the contact at OMF that most people from the boards had gone through, to order the skid plate and this was his response about the engine skid plate. Here was my question:

"P.S. Any chance you could still make the engine skid plate you used to build for the TRI-Z?"

Here is Bones response:

"Surprisingly enough, I learned something new today because of you. Apparently we do still have some templates lying around to do the engine skid plate for the old Tri-Z that I was not aware of. Furthermore, at one time we made them three different ways. We had a normal model, plus two models with a pipe protector (one model for Bassani and one for Klemm exhaust pipes). Cost should be right around $125-$150 for the engine plate. I would have to do some digging to find the templates, so let me know if you are interested in them."

I have a DG pipe so I went ahead and ordered the one with the pipe protector for the Bassani since they are very similar in shape. It cost $125 plus shipping. To my surprise it arrived less than 2 weeks after I ordered it. It looks exactly like the one in honda250sx's TRI-Z build thread that he copied out of stainless and fits perfect. It mounts using the stock skid "bar" holes and has a hole for the oil drain plug.

My guess is that you could still get the Engine skid they used to make for the Honda 350x as well as any others that they made in the past. I don't have any pictures, but can get some if need be. Here is Bones' contact info at OMF for those that need it.

Daraugh "Bones" Flynn
OMF Performance Products
9860 Indiana Ave., #17
Riverside, CA 92503
Phone - 951-354-8272
Fax - 951-354-8599
bonesomf@sbcglobal.net

LonesomeTriZ
06-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Will they offer any discounts if we all get together and order several?

WI 350X
06-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Not sure. I don't think they ever did for the Swingarm Skid when a bunch were ordering them in the fall, but probably because no one asked. I was shocked that they would actually still make the engine skid and was a little to excited so I didn't think to ask about a 'group buy'. Doesn't hurt to call or email Bones and ask.

deathman53
06-22-2008, 08:53 PM
sweet, I'm up for one for a 86 200x and 85/86 atc250r.

honda250sx
06-22-2008, 09:21 PM
WI 3350X - Nice detective work. I asked the samething. Bones is a hell of a dude. When I talked to him in the fall they said they would not do a discount because they don't sell that many a year and its always special to tool up to do them.

I just ordered mine for the swinger the other day. At which that time i inquired the same thing to Bones. He really liked the pictures I sent him of my stainless remake. Makes me wonder what the hell model I borrowed to copy mine. Was it the bassani or the klemm pipe model. Hmmm he never told me they made two. Very cool anyhow. Thanks for sharing that info!!

honda250sx
06-22-2008, 09:23 PM
By the way man post some pic's of that beauty!