PDA

View Full Version : Started 250R after almost a year

Fox250R
06-17-2008, 12:52 AM
Well, after almost a year i pulled out my R and ripped up and down the street a few times..Took about 5min of nonstop kicking but it fired up..Im just wondering was this a good idea without draining the gas or anything? I was standing next to it just wondering if i should drain all fluids out of it first..Well it was like my bike was talking to me saying "JUST START ME YOU PUSS" So i did..Ran real good too after i finally got it to kickover. Hope there wont be any long term affects from me not riding it in so long.... :rolleyes:

300rman
06-17-2008, 01:32 AM
i wouldnt think it would hurt anything. just make sure the oil didnt separate out of the fuel, and that the fluids are topped off. then go ride!

1BFC
06-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Next time she sits for a long time, pop the plug out and squirt some WD-40 or other light lubricant in the cylinder prior to kicking it over.

This will give you lubrication and also some fuel to get things flowing again. Kicking a dry cylinder over for a long time is hard on you and your piston/cylinder.

It should fire right up if you do that next time :)

Ryan.
06-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Next time she sits for a long time, pop the plug out and squirt some WD-40 or other light lubricant in the cylinder prior to kicking it over.

This will give you lubrication and also some fuel to get things flowing again. Kicking a dry cylinder over for a long time is hard on you and your piston/cylinder.

It should fire right up if you do that next time :)

or fogging oil, prior to storage:welcome:

ceaserthethird
06-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Welcome Back, So is she going back in to storage or you going to ride ? ? ?

Fox250R
06-19-2008, 06:37 AM
Im going riding :) Just got me a truck to haul with so im rdy...Just need a grabbar first lol..