PDA

View Full Version : Trizinger yt60

piratepowwow
06-13-2003, 05:35 PM
I cannot find where to drain the cankcase oil on my tri zinger. Also, there is a hose running to a fitting on the drive box. It was disconnected when I got the trike, so I reconnected it. Is it for feeding oil, or some type of vaccum throttle compensation mechanism for the clutch.
I had a nightmare that the hose was for an oil line and that since it was disconnected, it drained all of my crankcase oil. Anyway, the trike used to run intermittent, sometimes it would have a lot of power, others it had no power, kept running though. Any help is appreciated.

J.D.
06-13-2003, 05:39 PM
The hose to the drive box is just incase the drive box oil overflows, no big deal. Most likely your dran plug is on the very bottom towards the rear of the engine, it should be a hex-head bolt. Good luck.

piratepowwow
06-13-2003, 05:55 PM
Awesome, I'll go look again for the drain plug. What type of oil goes in the rear drive shaft assy thing?

J.D.
06-13-2003, 06:18 PM
I think pretty much any 80 weight gear oil will work. Just be sure don't to overfill!

piratepowwow
06-13-2003, 06:36 PM
Ah, thank you much for your help. I found the oild drain plug. It was mounted horizontally so I thought it was an engine mount bolt. :)