PDA

View Full Version : Need some serious help

Coreybob
06-13-2008, 05:07 AM
So I just got my honda 250sx up and running and was out riding it the other day and rode it around for like 30 minutes and it was running like a dream. I was going along with it wide open then all of a sudden it started cuttin out real bad like wanting to die. and every time i tryed to go past 1/2 throttle all it wanted to do was cut out and try to die. I adjusted the pilot screw and had no change. I had cleaned the carb up real good before I took it out. Anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks Coreybob

smvorndran
06-13-2008, 06:05 AM
I was riding mine really slow after unloading it the other day, and it just cut out real bad, and wouldn't start. I did some digging, and you know what I found? My 5 year old son & his little friends wanted to go riding on it while I wasn't around, so they put about 32oz. of water in the tank, thinking that would do it. I was a little upset, but they didn't know any better. About 2 hours of work, and $10 of wasted gas, and I was up and running again. It'd be a long shot, but check the quality of your fuel. I was very surprised to see a milky stream coming out of the fuel valve when I checked for flow. I would have never guessed in a million years I'd have water in my fuel. It's one of those random things. Thank goodness the key wasn't in it. He's not allowed to sit on it now unless I give him permission. He used to sit on it & pretend he was riding, but those days are over for now.

Good luck.:beer

smvorndran

WaimakRydah
06-13-2008, 06:07 AM
ive got a similar problem with my 200S but it only happens above 3/4 throttle what happened was. I had a leak out my over flow and it was running great apart from that but i adjusted the float up too high which stopped the leak and made it bog at high RPM mine doesnt feel like it wants to die though it feels like its not getting enough fuel for the high revs I'll keep experimenting till i perfect it but i still ride mine like that i just shift gears sooner.

smvorndran
06-13-2008, 06:08 AM
A spark plug is a cheap thing to replace. I'd try that. Very rarely do they go bad on 4 strokes, but they're so cheap, it's worth a shot. Also, check to make sure you didn't bump the kill switch.

smvorndran

UlsterATCFan
06-13-2008, 06:24 AM
I was riding mine really slow after unloading it the other day, and it just cut out real bad, and wouldn't start. I did some digging, and you know what I found? My 5 year old son & his little friends wanted to go riding on it while I wasn't around, so they put about 32oz. of water in the tank, thinking that would do it. I was a little upset, but they didn't know any better. About 2 hours of work, and $10 of wasted gas, and I was up and running again. It'd be a long shot, but check the quality of your fuel. I was very surprised to see a milky stream coming out of the fuel valve when I checked for flow. I would have never guessed in a million years I'd have water in my fuel. It's one of those random things. Thank goodness the key wasn't in it. He's not allowed to sit on it now unless I give him permission. He used to sit on it & pretend he was riding, but those days are over for now.

Good luck.:beer

smvorndran

Sounds like a couple of trike enthusiasts in the making :TrikesOwn

Tecate250
06-13-2008, 10:36 AM
Could be a cloged gas cap.

Erics350x
06-13-2008, 06:32 PM
if theres trash in the fuel, your carb prolly clogged again. i'd drain the tank and fill with clean fuel, clean the petcock and carb, and check the fuel cap vent.

SWIGIN
06-13-2008, 07:05 PM
iv had the main jet fall out...this kinda sounds like what you are going through