PDA

View Full Version : My 3 wheeler ate my foot!!!!!

killab18
06-10-2008, 04:10 PM
haha. yea, im on crutches now. not broken but really bad sprane so thats good.

But i was riding it pretty aggressively. i was on and off of this thing due to me having my crf450r.

i was hitting jumps, sliding, wheelies. ive been landing on the front tire, landing on 2 wheels and still not falling.

well then im following my buddy in his quad. stayin right with him in some soft sand, i slide and the way he went he was able to ride right over this bush. Me, i couldnt. So i slammed the brake and the way i was going my left tire was going to hit this bump/bush thing. so i let off the gas, shifted my weight all the way on my left and hitting the rear brake. well the bush popped me up, my right foot slipped off the peg and brake. my rear tire caught my heel and sucked my foot underneath. wound up twisting my foot so my toes pointed towards the inside of the bike then it rolled over. letting the tire roll on top of my inner ankle.

I was able to come to a stop fairly quick to get my foot out.

hurt like a *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*. but 20 mins later i was back on my 450r and back on the trike but just doin wheelies.

blue27
06-10-2008, 04:51 PM
peg extenders help!!

hope you get well soon

brapp
06-10-2008, 06:49 PM
and a good pair of ridign boots woudl also help too

TravEX
06-10-2008, 06:53 PM
Amen to the riding boots. I have a 4 inch scar from a gash in my shin for leaving my riding boots in the truck.

SYKO
06-10-2008, 09:05 PM
I ride all the time in my motorcorss boots, even leasurly trail riding as well, it has saved my feet and ankles from certain destruction so many times I swear by the boots as much as a helmet.

Erics350x
06-10-2008, 09:44 PM
That haapened to me on a 70 when i was little. It rapped my leg all the way around the tire and put a bruise from my "junk" to my knee. It took two people 5min or so to get me loose.

killab18
06-11-2008, 12:01 AM
yea i should be riding again this weekend or next.

BUt i did have my riding boots on. i think thats the only thing that saved my foot from snapping. BUt it broke a buckle on my boots. I want new ones anyway.

what about some nerf bars? you thing thats a good idea??

hondahaulic
06-11-2008, 12:09 AM
nerf bars may work, but i think they would get in the way sometimes. like blue27 suggested, peg extenders would help. Also, you may be able to sharpen the teeth on your stock pegs if they are dull and slippery.

bearclawchris
06-11-2008, 12:39 AM
This is what I did on the first day of memorial day weekend. I messed up by getting to close to the tree and then when I went to turn it was to late. I was wearing steel toed work boots. Losing at least six weeks work. I am going to build some tube steel nerf bars for security. Hope I never get into this mess again but the little bit of insurance I could fabricate might save me from this again. and really what would a nerf bar do to take away from performance? Broke three metatarsal bones. (2,3 and 4) when i hit a small tree and bent my foot over peg on right side.

bearclawchris
06-11-2008, 12:44 AM
and no comments about pretty feet, I've been flattered too many times.

SYKO
06-11-2008, 08:45 AM
yea i should be riding again this weekend or next.

BUt i did have my riding boots on. i think thats the only thing that saved my foot from snapping. BUt it broke a buckle on my boots. I want new ones anyway.

what about some nerf bars? you thing thats a good idea??

damn! your damn lucky then! I bet if you didnt have your boots your foot would be adios!, I thought about adapting a set of facotry 450R heal guards to a trike, I think that would be a good idea, light not in the way, and I think true nerfs are a pain in the woods.

3Razors
06-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Here's what a KX500 trike will do to your leg WITH riding boots on. Leg got stuck under the tire which snapped my leg open with the bone sticking out 3 inches or so.