PDA

View Full Version : 1984 ATC 110 still leaking fuel after carb. rebuild

dz
06-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Ok, after a few years and a lot of physical therapy I am back into trikes. My buddy just got a atc 110 for $66, it even had a complete cobra pipe on it. It was only missing the carb. Got a used one on ebay for cheap. Put it on and it was leaking from everywhere. I got a rebuild kit for it and completely rebuilt it. Cleaned it all out while it was apart. Got it all back together and put it back on the bike. Every leak went away except for the overflow, it is still pouring out at idle or when the bike sits. Not sure what it could be, I replaced the float needle and everything. Could the plastic float be worn? Any suggestions? Thanks.

TravEX
06-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Could have a crack in it. Take it out and let it sit for a while in a glass of water and see if it sinks. www.dratv.com will have floats if it is bad.

Did you take an air compresser and blow out the needle seat? Could be some trash in there.

Good luck! I just picked up a 110 last week and LOVE it! Great trikes!

What year is yours?

dz
06-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I will try to sink the float in a glass of water. I cleaned it out with berryman's B12 while I was rebuilding it. I guess I will have to take it apart AGAIN.