PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x rear end problem

200xkwit
06-08-2008, 12:41 AM
alright i had a little slop int the rear end when i got the bike. so i changed out the bearings and puter back to gether and it was alright but i still had a little slop so i took out the swing arm and a bunch of little roller bearing parts fell out. so ireplaced that and greased everything beyond belife b/c i was getting a squeek. after getting everyhting together everything was all tight in there and the rear end was sweet and tight for a while but it started to get a little loose agian. so i took everthing apart and bought NEW bearings and put everthing into a differeent swing arm and put everthing together and after i got it back together it was mint and its been mint for a while (month) now its starting to get a little slop in the axle carrier and that sqeek is back!!. the axle is not loose and everythings bolted up tight. it just has a little slop in the carrer... why is this happening? worn axle? worn carrier? let me know

super90
06-08-2008, 02:54 AM
axle could be worn down if the bearings ever seized up. Is the carrier tight in the swingarm?