PDA

View Full Version : Need to vent about this POS

denn
06-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Trizingers are absolute piecse of s##t. I am so sick of this bike I want to cut it in half with my sawzall. I have over $1000 in to it. I had the frame powdercoated, forks powdercoated, rebuilt the engine brand new carb, everything from soup to nuts. It does not run right, now it just died on my sion and wont start. IO went to pull it and the pull rope broke, then I tried to rewind it and the spring popped out. It got so hot for some reason before it died. I thought maybe the exhaust was plugged but I disconnected it at the head pipe and it still wouldn't start. I am going to list pics of it. I want it out my my *EDIT* garage and out of my site. New plastics and all. I am so pissed on the amount of money that i spent on it and even more pissed on how dissapointed my son is. Meanwhile I bought this piece of shi$ off of meatbox and it was a *EDIT* diaster from the start. It looked good but was trashed. Sorry for this but I feel better now.

Thanks Denn

CrazyK68
06-07-2008, 05:30 PM
I feel your pain! I bought an 1985 Honda TRX 125 quad for my son, it was a TLC project, we put time and money in to it and he only got to ride it for 10 min. then it stopped. We don't know why. We changed everything and now I'm going to put in a whole new motor from a running 125 with a broken frame. If that don't fix it I'm going to buy him a baja 90cc quad and call it good..

Glad you feel better and I'm glad I'm not alone... lol

CrazyK :crazy:

mike from long island
06-07-2008, 05:31 PM
That aint no good!!!!!!!!!I am still working on mine!!! I havent had a chance to even run the motor yet.You are scaring the be-jesus outta me!! It has to be something so simple..... Give it a few days and look it over again.You are just too HOT yourself right now.Give it some time and you'll figure it out.

Otherwise I want it for PARTS....... :D :beer :D

super90
06-07-2008, 09:13 PM
I know what its like. I put tons of money into my 200x but something always went bad or broke. Never pissed me off enough to sell it, but I went out and bought a yfz450. So now I can work on it with something to read in the meantime.

Twilight
06-07-2008, 10:37 PM
My big red is like that, cept it works when I just want to start it before the trips.... and never on the trips no matter what.

denn
06-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks guys, I feel better today. I need to get ahold of a pull start assembly so I can try and start this thing and find out whats wrong. I need the whole assembly, cover and all. In my fit of rage I threw the whole pull assembly in the fire I had burning. I still can't figure out why the bike got so hot when it was moving. Well if anyone knows where to score a pull start let me know, I appreciate it.

Thanks Denn

Trikeaholic
06-08-2008, 11:01 AM
Just take the pull starter to a lawn mower repair guy. I gave up on trying to rewind them. The lawnmower guy laughs and puts it together for 5 or 10 bucks. My sons zinger has been pretty trouble free. I put in a new piston when we ran it without oil and scored it up really bad. Every so often it acts like the float is sticking closed and won rev out all the way, but if it sits and we jostle it around it runs perfect again. I rarely if ever have to mess with it.

TrikesRule_FOOL
06-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Just take the pull starter to a lawn mower repair guy. I gave up on trying to rewind them. The lawnmower guy laughs and puts it together for 5 or 10 bucks. My sons zinger has been pretty trouble free. I put in a new piston when we ran it without oil and scored it up really bad. Every so often it acts like the float is sticking closed and won rev out all the way, but if it sits and we jostle it around it runs perfect again. I rarely if ever have to mess with it.
Thank God! I just bought one and I'm picking it up on next Sunday. Had me nervous too.

Erics350x
06-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Sell that SOB and buy a Honda, problem solved

ceaserthethird
06-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Can you order a New Pull starter from Yamaha ?

Do you premix you 2 Stroke oil with Gas in a jug ? or does it have Oil Pump ? ?

Let us know what's been replaced new & used ?

Pictures ?

big schott
06-09-2008, 11:33 PM
I agree with the honda thing BUT, I got a FREE 81 200. I put my heart and soul into that POS. Got it running and after all the time and $$$ and looking for new parts the timing chain fell off. I rebuild the engine and it ran like CRAP!!
I took the SOB apart and sold most of it and got my $$ back.

Cut your ties and parts it out!:twisted:

Erics350x
06-10-2008, 12:47 AM
in 20 years i've only had one Honda blow on me, and that was because my neighbor drained my oil.

scooterroo
06-10-2008, 09:45 AM
well just because you redid everything doesnt mean its all done right. and no im not knocking your mechanical abilities either with that comment. sometimes people get so excited that they are getting things back together and almost ready to fir it up, that they miss something minor or forget to do something. over heating? well can be a few different things. timing for one is a major cause of overheating. you could be a degree out on the stator plate on that thing...have seen it happen before. also, check the intake and such, nice and tight, good gaskets, no air leaks? like has been said, step back and take a deep breathe. go cool off yourself before attempting to figure it out or else you'll be the one overheating, lol. then when calm and level headed, give it another try, look over everything, zingers are small bikes with nto that much to them, so its more then likely somethign simple.

denn
06-11-2008, 06:18 AM
About the zinger, I rebuilt the entire engine from top to bottom. New seals, bearings, piston, gaskets, new carb, reeds, airbox ga everything was redone. I have been doing this a long time so i know that my mechanical abilities are ok. As far as the stator plate goes, its a fixed plate. Its an air cooled bike and it was 95 degrees out with a 95% humidity. I am thinking it was just hot from that. I dont see any other reason for it to overheat. Its not running lean. I premix the gas 32-1 and use klotz 2 stroke oil. Anyway, I calmly went into the garage last night and looked it over. I am leaning toward the ignition coil being bad. I tested it and it didnt fall within the specified range. When the bike died that day I pulled the plug and checked for spark but maybe it wasn't enough or was sparking intermittent. I am still SOL on the pull start. They are $131 from yamaha. They can kiss my ass for that price. I will post pictures of the bike later today when I get home. It really is a nice bike and my kid loves it. Its just aggravating when you have so much into it and there is still a problem. I guess its still is a simple thing that I overlooked, I should have tested the coil, but the bike ran fine so maybe it went after. Anybody see those aftermarket coils that they sell on ebay. They are for the QT50 and the PW50.
I dont have the link but if you type in QT50 coil they come up. They are supposed to be better and have a 7mm spark plug wire. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these. Thanks again guys for all the advice and support. I'll let you know how it goes.

WaimakRydah
06-11-2008, 07:03 AM
in 20 years i've only had one Honda blow on me, and that was because my neighbor drained my oil.

What kind of stupid idiot of a neighbor would do that? He should have bought u a whole new bike for that

300rman
06-11-2008, 10:19 AM

thay guy would have been moving becuase his house would have burned to the ground......