PDA

View Full Version : Front Tire wont Seat

jmack3986
06-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Having Problems Getting my front tire to reseat. It has been off the bead for a while now and cant get it to fill up. i have tried Using a strap around the tire and tightening it. Still hasn't worked. any suggestions? Please help i want to ride my trike Tomorrow and this is the one thing stopping me. i haven't ridden it in 2 years.

seddon
06-06-2008, 03:05 PM
some times when u slam the tire to the ground it pushes the tire out a bit do that a few times if u push the tire in and have someone pump air in to at the same time it fills up

or the ether trick spary some round the tire and lit it and most of the time it pops on

jmack3986
06-06-2008, 03:12 PM
i forgot about the either trick thanks.

blue27
06-06-2008, 03:17 PM
sit in the sun with some spacers in it (like 2x4s) to spread it out. I have used an innner tube or pice of heater hose to fill in one gap between the tire and rim (not inside) and let the opposite side pop on the bead first, then remove the tube and place the rim on a milk crate on small table that you can push the tire down against the bead while filling with air. If you do the Ether trick BE CAREFUL!!!

01ps
06-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Having Problems Getting my front tire to reseat. It has been off the bead for a while now and cant get it to fill up. i have tried Using a strap around the tire and tightening it. Still hasn't worked. any suggestions? Please help i want to ride my trike Tomorrow and this is the one thing stopping me. i haven't ridden it in 2 years.

Make sure you lube the bead up. Dish soap would work ok. Be careful with the ether thing, especially with a light tire like that, could pop. Take the valve core out of the stem, it'll get more air.

steven 250sx
06-06-2008, 07:31 PM
bring it to a shop?

RacerRichie
06-06-2008, 09:05 PM
make sure your compressor has the balls to do it...... lube bead up with PB.
You have the right size tire right?

Trouble
06-08-2008, 12:23 AM
Lots and lots of lube, dont be shy with it!

runaway
06-08-2008, 12:50 AM
hello
simple, starting fluid and a lighter!