PDA

View Full Version : front master

ovhonda1
06-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I have no action on my 86r front brake. I have bled and bled with no luck. I took the line off and it is clear, cleaned the master cylinder and got all of the crud out. I put the master back on with the line and without the caliper and it is sending no fluid through the line. Shouldn't it? How else would I check the master? If it is bad, anybody got one before trikefest? thanks

MyMistress86R
06-04-2008, 08:25 AM
The best way to check your master alone is just that. Remove the line so all you have is the master/lever then fill it with fluid, press your finger over the line outlet and start pumping. If it doesn't build pressure that way, it's not gonna. And when I say pressure, I mean it should seriously squirt out past your finger, you should not be able to hold it back. If it pressures up at that point, install the line and let it dangle then keep topping off the resy as the fluid gravity fills the line. Once you get fluid dripping out of the line, repeat the pressure process by pinching your fingers over the end of the line until you get good squirt again. Then connect the caliper and repeat.

If you get nothing from the very first step, you likely need either a rebuild or a replacement. I'm sure someone at TF will have something to sell you to get it fixed. Also keep in mind that a more modern quad front master is a great upgrade for these bikes. Yamaha Banshee and Raptor units seem to be the most popular around here and are quite cheap on eBay.