PDA

View Full Version : 250r clutch slip help! HELP ME!

Kintore
06-02-2008, 07:12 PM
hey guys,
have a lil problem as of today practising on my lil track here

Running the motor in my sig, hinson basket and barnett springs.

on my 10th or so lap, I come outa a hairpin, nail it and it just revs and acts like its in neutral, I dont feel any acceleration at all. I let off the throttle and if I roll it on it works ok.

Im assuming my fibers are toast?

Thanks alot
I tried searching,

and how about perfect timing for TF, im about to have a damn heart attack here!
josh-

Daddio
06-02-2008, 07:26 PM
How does your bottom end oil smell. If it smells burnt i i would say that you may have hurt your discs and plates, if it smells normal you probably didn't do any serious damage. It's pretty easy to check the clutch out on those machines. You may want to check it just to be sure. Could it be that it was slightly out of adjustment ?

Kintore
06-02-2008, 08:52 PM
I poped the cover, oil smelled a lil funny i think. The first fiber is normal coloured then they all get browner the farther you move towards the innards of the bike. I think I cooked the fibers! lol The money pit is KILLING ME!

Question is, can I run the steels another round?

Daddio
06-02-2008, 09:07 PM
If they are fairly new you would probably be okay running the again. It is fairly hard to check them for warpage. If you want to be totally safe I would replace both. Also when you do a final adjustment on your clutch do it when the engine is good and warm. If the clutch is adjusted a little too tight and the clutch gets hot it will cause it to tighten up even more and cause it to slip. And as you know slippage will cause a lot of heat.

Kintore
06-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks, im going to ordre fibers tomorrow, nothing like doin this crap right before TF, I blew out my fork seals too. Man this thing is falling apart in front of my eyes!

dizasterzrfun69
06-02-2008, 09:17 PM
hey josh, you ever rebuild a waterpump on one of these? i got antifreeze in my tranny and im thinking it MIGHT be the water pump seal. i have no clue tho.

Kintore
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
negitive good buddy, and atctim i see your here, go to email now!

Daddio
06-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Thanks, im going to ordre fibers tomorrow, nothing like doin this crap right before TF, I blew out my fork seals too. Man this thing is falling apart in front of my eyes!

You're welcome. Don't feel alone, out of the four machines that we are bringing only the 200s is ready. The 300r has the clutch out ,still waiting for parts. The 250r needs some brake work and we're still waiting for the cylinder to get back from being bored. I am in the middle of switching to a manual clutch on the ct 70. Then I need to figure how we will get everything to haspin. Let the fun begin!!!!:Bounce :beer :Bounce

Kintore
06-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Not like its a month away either, im about to crap my pants lol ITS HERE!

Dirtcrasher
06-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Make sure those steels aren't burnt at all or junk them. Cost me 28$ for 5 steels and worth every penny! Everytime you open that cover it's another gasket and seal or maybe a leak....