PDA

View Full Version : 250SX rack question

Frankencelery
06-01-2008, 04:34 PM
My 250SX had a rear rack on it before I replaced the fender, but it apparently wasn't designed to work with my machine, because it had several ugly welds and bends. It also went through holes in the fender. I was hoping to replace it, but my question is this: is there a rear rack for the 250SX that doesn't require drilling holes through the fender? Recommendations for a good rack? Can they be purchased new or should I go the Ebay route?

GoVols019
06-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Mine has holes in the fender for the rack too. The only ones I've ever seen have had fender holes.

ChrisD
06-01-2008, 06:53 PM
My rack came from JC Whitney. It also requires you to cut a hole in the rear fender. It was fairly cheap and is a quality part. I think it was $80. It can hold a couple hundred pounds and not even care.

Please excuse the dust in the picture, I was using the bike as a step ladder to sand the ceiling of my garage at the time.

freewheel3
06-01-2008, 08:56 PM
"I was using the bike as a step ladder to sand the ceiling of my garage at the time."

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Frankencelery
06-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I managed to find an older thread that said you had to drill holes. Crap. Well, It's gotta be done. I've been treating my 250SX like a sport only machine, but I need it to do some work with it now (see my post about sprayers) and have to reinstall a rear rack.

Funny, I think I have that exact rack from Dennis Kirk that you sent the link to. I just don't have the right brackets. Bummer.

smvorndran
06-01-2008, 11:03 PM
You have to drill holes in the plastic. Mine has the 2 screws you undo to flip the rack up to take the rear fender/seat off.

smvorndran