PDA

View Full Version : Whats this Tri Z worth

Yamatrike400
05-29-2008, 07:20 PM
How much would you pay for this trike?It isnt mine,but just wondering what it would be worth?

1985 YAMAHA TRZ-Z 250, This is a used 1985 Yamaha TRI-Z 250 2-stroke 3- wheeler. Unit is very fast for what it is. It is in all around fair condition. It has no headlights but some could be installed. Engine runs good and has good compression. Tires and rims are straight and still have good tread. Suspension is good all the way around and rear axle is straight.

http://www.sutersspeedshop.com/graphics/triz.jpg

i58829
05-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Around 6-800?? Looks to be complete and if its runs/rides and feels tight maybe a little more. Especially if it has a documented rebuild, or rear bearings, rebuilt shock/forks, swinger bearings and what not...

Yamatrike400
05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Well they want 995$ for it,if any of you know who Steve Suter is(Holds the World Ice Drag Record) He owns the dealership thats selling this,Hes got my last name,my dad had met him years ago snowmobiling just by coincidence so i would maybe be able to talk him down a little,not sure though.Also,can anyone give me a little review on Z's? Are they reliable,what speeds should i expect,are they heavy,Would the power be a downgrade from my custom trike (400cc twin,40 hp) How do they handle,etc.. Thanks

Mrs.Mosh
05-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, We sold one with some work done to it and a little more appealing on eyes the for $1300.Turn key,new top end ported,polished, Pipe,aftermarket Fork Springs Good plastic and lights.Did not need anything.

I would say $600-$700 is fair.