PDA

View Full Version : 1986 350x oem question

n4dcb
05-28-2008, 12:37 PM
A. Can anyone tell me the correct color of the frame/neck bearing cover that is attached by two screws on the top of the lower fork tree. (Located behind and below the headlight assembly) My 350's is painted red but I do not remember the last 350 I had having the piece in red.
B. Is there a touch up paint for the honda (red) frame that is available reasonably priced? I sanded smooth a place where a factory muffler hanger was removed prior to my ownership when the 450r muffler was installed. I removed it yesterday and welded up the seam in the two different pipe sections to fix the exhaust leaks.
C. I am fabricating a bolt on bracket to move the rear brake reservoir back 1.5 inches to prevent heat damage from the 450r muffler. It will not be a weld on item so that oem bracket integrity is maintained for those who are trying to keep their machine mostly oem. I will post pics when done.

Dirtcrasher
05-28-2008, 01:28 PM
You mean the grey discontinued steering stop cover??

I swear that a toolmaker who's bored and retired could make us an injection mold for those. That was a 5$ part back in the day and it really dresses up the trees nice!

If you don't care about durability - Rustoleum Sunrise Red is a near PERFECT match to OEM "passion" red. If it's not in a spot that gets hammered with rocks or where your ridin boot rides on it, then it works just fine and believe me - it's a dam good match!

Sometimes you cxan use a 1/8 thick piece of aluminum behind that mount so you don't have to weld or anything.

If you run a 450R silencer, it's real heavy and I suggest making a new lower mount and removing the old OEM mount. Thats what I did and if I didn't, it would probably crack after a hard summer of riding like my buddies did.