PDA

View Full Version : tires spinning on rims....

dizasterzrfun69
05-26-2008, 09:22 PM
When i was running my 86 310 yesterday everytime i shifted i heard a "POP" so i marked the rims/tires with some white out and ran it again. The tires are definately spinning on the rim. now if i get some bead sealer like the tire shops use, will that help prevent the tires from spinning or will it just rip that stuff loose? they are prowedge 501s on douglas rims

Erics350x
05-26-2008, 10:33 PM
it should help. try running alittle more air

TrikesRule_FOOL
05-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Bead Locks??

Daddio
05-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Sounds like you've got a little to much power. Maybe if you just back out of the throttle a little :D . You might try the bead sealer just don't run it like that too long or you may wear the tires there so bad that nothing will help.

oldsking86
05-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Bead Locks??

I agree with him, maybe some nice OMF's would do th trick :beer WIth that much power it's time to do it right, bead sealer might just give out still. Some good bead lock wheels would be your best choice. Heck those carbon fiber ones would look trick too

Dirtcrasher
05-26-2008, 11:25 PM
It does stink.... I had a couple tires spin on the rim and it made me want to drive a self tapping screw into the friggin thing!!

Running more air does do the trick - usually.... But when you only wanna run 4 psi or so your choices are limited. Some guys break them down and glue them with numerous different products.

Billy Golightly
05-26-2008, 11:42 PM
you dont need bead locks...get some GOOD tire dope. The thin bead sealer in the cans with a brush from Napa will help. But if its not good enough, get a caulking tube of black car window glass adhesive and put that on there, I PROMISE you it wont slip then.

P.S. Have a tough caulking gun, I ended up having to put my tube in a small vice and squeezed it that way to get it to come out cause it kept bending up my other caulk gun frames :lol:

dizasterzrfun69
05-27-2008, 05:24 AM
you dont need bead locks...get some GOOD tire dope. The thin bead sealer in the cans with a brush from Napa will help. But if its not good enough, get a caulking tube of black car window glass adhesive and put that on there, I PROMISE you it wont slip then.

P.S. Have a tough caulking gun, I ended up having to put my tube in a small vice and squeezed it that way to get it to come out cause it kept bending up my other caulk gun frames :lol:

you aint gotta tell me about having a tough caulking gun for that stuff :lol: A few years back we tried doing a rear window in a GMC pickup in the dead of winter :lol: :lol: we ended up cutting the tube long ways somnehow and cutting it into strips :eek: i'll probablly give the window adhesive a shot. Beadlocks are out of my price range right now and i thinkt hey'd be heavier, even if they were carbon fiber. Where can you get some "good tire dope"?

Tri-ZNate
05-27-2008, 05:31 AM
Liquid Nail!

Billy Golightly
05-27-2008, 07:47 AM
Try the thin Napa brand brush on tire bead sealer first...and if that doesn't work then use the window junk.

TrikesRule_FOOL
05-27-2008, 03:58 PM
But if its not good enough, get a caulking tube of black car window glass adhesive and put that on there, I PROMISE you it wont slip then.

it's urethane and it's probably the toughest thing you can buy.

TrikesRule_FOOL
05-27-2008, 04:00 PM
the window guys keep that stuff heat and ready for use. It's impossible to use in the cold or if the tube is cold.

Tri-ZNate
05-27-2008, 07:47 PM
I'm tellin ya man, liquid nail, it'll hold the tire to anything even if the rim is so beat up it wont seat a bead :lol:. Brapp showed me its magical power, and his inability to break the tire off the rim once that stuff is on :lol: