PDA

View Full Version : Poker face technique

Muddy200x
05-26-2008, 04:16 AM
Yep, It works with trikes too!
I was even wearing one of my 3wheeler shirts at the time. :D lol
Here's the story...
In the last few months I've picked up a nice atc70 ($75), and now a sweet Big Red simply using the "Not impressed" and "Probably gonna cost money to fix" body language. ;)
A good friend of mine called me up and said a guy he knows has a Three wheeler that doesn't run right, asked me if I would take a look at it. When I got there the guy said...QUOTES "I'm pretty sure it's a valve problem, and I really don't want to put money into a dangerous machine" :wondering I'm thinking maybe I could get a good deal on it, and before I could make him an offer he said..."It's gotta be worth a hundred bucks right?" :eek: Of coarse I said "I'll give you a hundred for it" he reply ed with "sold" I about *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* myself but kept the poker face, and now I'm a happy owner of a '84 Big Red, title and all.
I guess sometimes a poker face, along with the three wheeler reputation for being "dangerous" can work in your favor.
So, sometime this week I'm going to fix what I'm pretty sure is wrong with it.
Clean out the Carb! :D

factoryX
05-26-2008, 04:27 AM
94 big red?

Muddy200x
05-26-2008, 04:48 AM
Doh! :D '84

factoryX
05-26-2008, 04:57 AM
looks like a great deal, I got my 83 big red for $100 and all I had to do was sprockets/chain/carb cleaning to get it running great. It even had a clark tank on it, then I sold it for $700.