PDA

View Full Version : Exhuast fit, 250R (pics/Video)

1BFC
05-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Hey all,

So my bike is running well now and I'm starting to work on the "little" things. These should keep me busy for a long while...ha!

Anyway, it seems to me that the exhaust on this bike just doesn't fit properly where the pipe attaches to the cylinder. It has an ESR billet flange with the double o-ring setup.

Take a look at these pictures and video. Does this look right to you? It sure seems like it doesn't fit all the way "on" so to speak. The springs aren't on in the pictures but that's not why it looks the way it does. It simply will not slide any further onto the flange.

As always, thanks for any comments/suggestions!

Video: http://www.vimeo.com/1065025

Pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/OneBFC/250RExhaust

You can click on the pictures for better views of each one.

edog
05-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Mine was the same way with the stock exhaust flange.

Did you compare the 2 exhaust flanges side by side each other.

Rustytinhorn
05-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Thats better than what I can get mine to go on. I have fmf too, and thats all the further mine goes on too.
I see you didn't have it bolted down under the gas tank.....

ceaserthethird
05-26-2008, 06:44 AM
best thing to do is remove the gas tank, and wiggle into place.

ChrisD
05-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Does it leak?

It does look like it should go on further, but the FMF, as others have mentioned may not have a deep collar on it. What I would look for is if something (such as the skid plate) blocking you from pushing the pipe on all the way. On my bike I have to manuver it so the top of the skid plate does not get in the way of the bottom mounting bracket on my pipe. I run a Paul Turner, so it fits differently than yours, but does have its own mounting issues.

The most important thing is whether or not the flange leaks. The stock flange is one of the "chronic 250R" problems. It leaks horribly. You lose power and get oil all over the place. I say if it doesn't leak, and the pipe is on solid, I would not worry about it.

Billy Golightly
05-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Hmm...Mine would go on all the way and bottom out from what I can remember. Is it hitting on any other mounts or parts of the frame or bottoming out ont he collar? someone might have gotten sloppy and not cut the piece as long as it needed to be. Try loosening up the mounts of the silencer and sliding it a little further back, and see if you can get the pipe to go up on it all the way.

1BFC
05-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Thanks for all of the input everyone.

I failed to mention a couple of key points but I think from all of your replies that I should be ok as it is now.

The pipe will fit just like you see it now when it is the only part installed. No silencer involved, all bolts in and adjusted to get maximum collar coverage. Yeah, the bolt under the tank is off in the picture and that's what I failed to mention along with the stinger. I do not run it that way :)

So, again, thanks for the feedback. It does NOT leak any more since I put in 2 new o-rings from ESR.

The bike runs well, no leak... I'm not going to F*** with it. I have plenty of other stuff to work on!!

Cya in the dirt.