PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy 350x Help!!!!!!

Eskort
05-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Hey there ppl, I currently have a 82 200 Honda.Looking to buy a 86 350x. This guy down the road has one for sale for 1500 Canadian Dollars. It has new front bearings, new plastics on the rear, New rear sprocket, aftermarked handlebars, spare front fender. It need rear brake pads and has a minor oil leak right at the very top of the engine. It runs like a top, was clocked at 82MPH on the lake last winter. Is this a good price for this bike? I know they are rare around here and i was lucky to stumble upon it. Do they have reverse? Im not sure. Anyway, just let me know if this is fair and any pointers on this bike. Thanks.

Black86tri-z
05-21-2008, 10:42 PM
80mph 350x wow

TwoHundredEx
05-21-2008, 10:47 PM
I'd definitely say that's fair. Around this part of Canada I've only ever seen one for sale and he was asking $2500 in nice shape.
The 350X's don't have reverse though.

Kintore
05-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Yah thats a terrible deal!

1500 is overpriced! Tell me where it is and ill buy the POS

But really...

Thats a steal around here! GET IT!

atcquebec
05-21-2008, 11:47 PM
At !500$ , go fot it because around here in Quebec, For a clean 350X, they are asking between $3000 and $3500 CDN and they are not perfect. I am been looking for one for 2 years but i don't want to pay 3K for it.

Erics350x
05-22-2008, 12:05 AM
mine will do 80, in the back of my truck

The Goat
05-22-2008, 01:00 AM
lol...you know, 80 isn't COMPLETELY improbably for a 350x. I think with some 14 or 15/35 gears on that 6 speed with some top end work and some lightass tires it's possible...hell, downright probable actually. Even the weak engine I had in the 350x was torquey as all hell. Not to mention that a 350x produces the same amount of torque and hp at its peak, that my car does until 2500rpm. My car weighs 2600+ pounds plus loaded, and doesn't have more than 40hp until 3500rpm...it will move along just fine at 85 at that point too.

Hell, I tapped a little bit over 70 on a 200x geared right...that's 17mph faster than it should have been able to go. I broke a valve spring, bent a valve, and was running pump gas on an engine that had over 190psi of compression, forgot to add in that the shop bored the cylinder slightly larger than they should have, causing a slight wobble when the spring snapped, the end result is one UGLY looking cylinder. But I still broke 70mph on a 200x.

I hate the ridiculous top speeds I see posted on here as much as any other member...but if you have the power, and you have the gears...you can go.

iamschmee's 300r is RETARDED fast, syko can attest to that, that was before it was given a brand new 300 head ported to hell and back...

I say 82 on a decently built and geared 350x....probable. start flaming.

question though for you ice riders. ice would be less friction, which would significantly less rolling resistance, higher top speeds anyone?

NOS_350X
05-22-2008, 12:25 PM
lol...you know, 80 isn't COMPLETELY improbably for a 350x. I think with some 14 or 15/35 gears on that 6 speed with some top end work and some lightass tires it's possible...hell, downright probable actually. Even the weak engine I had in the 350x was torquey as all hell. Not to mention that a 350x produces the same amount of torque and hp at its peak, that my car does until 2500rpm. My car weighs 2600+ pounds plus loaded, and doesn't have more than 40hp until 3500rpm...it will move along just fine at 85 at that point too.

Hell, I tapped a little bit over 70 on a 200x geared right...that's 17mph faster than it should have been able to go. I broke a valve spring, bent a valve, and was running pump gas on an engine that had over 190psi of compression, forgot to add in that the shop bored the cylinder slightly larger than they should have, causing a slight wobble when the spring snapped, the end result is one UGLY looking cylinder. But I still broke 70mph on a 200x.

I hate the ridiculous top speeds I see posted on here as much as any other member...but if you have the power, and you have the gears...you can go.

iamschmee's 300r is RETARDED fast, syko can attest to that, that was before it was given a brand new 300 head ported to hell and back...

I say 82 on a decently built and geared 350x....probable. start flaming.

question though for you ice riders. ice would be less friction, which would significantly less rolling resistance, higher top speeds anyone?

Its all in gearing. Even on a built bike you will have trouble pulling that high of a speed on a X. I got all my bikes geared as high as they will go and still pull decently in 6th. Unless your going downhill.

travis712
05-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Its all in gearing. Even on a built bike you will have trouble pulling that high of a speed on a X. I got all my bikes geared as high as they will go and still pull decently in 6th. Unless your going downhill.

Downhill ice would be something to see :lol:

Definitely pick up the 350x if you have the coin. Where's the oil leaking on the outside? Is it leaking from a break in the case or around a gasket or what?

Brockey
05-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Theres one locally for sale here for $2000. Thats the cheapest I have seen one here yet. Normally around $3000 here. I'd go for it.