PDA

View Full Version : 310r gearing for woods?

EAT_A_450
05-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm putting together a 250r with a ESR 310 mx/woods port job with a +3 swinger. what gearing is good starting point with this combo?

J.D.
05-19-2008, 01:17 AM
You're going with a +3 swinger for woods? You guys must run some wide open woods, where I ride I occasionally have trouble with stock length, and if it wasn't for being able to turn sharp(short track kit) I think I'd be in some trouble sometimes.

TO answer the gearing though, I run stock gearing with 20'' tires on mine....I don't have a 310 but do have a 38MM carb, sectional pipe, and ported cyl. It lugs real good and haven't had trouble pulling up hills yet. I plan on switching to 22's soon, might add a couple of teeth to my rear to offset the change.

EAT_A_450
05-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Well I was going to do a +2 but I was talking to some long time trail riders on here and they were telling me that a +3 is where it's at + I found a good deal on a used one. I haven't tried it out in the woods yet but most of our trails are pretty open- I also went to a +4 axle and a higher offset wheel but if it's too wide I can alway adjust the axle.