PDA

View Full Version : purpose of needle jet holder?

brettsky43
05-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey guys, have stock 200X carb, and am rebuilding a couple of other ones. What is the purpose of the plastic needle jet holder that goes over the main jet?? I just bought a carb off an 85 200X of FEE-Bay for 10.00. Guy said it worked fine. It came pretty dirty, and as I was going through it to clean it up, I noticed it is missing the jet holder.. Should I replace this, or will it run fine with out it??
:wondering

Dirtcrasher
05-17-2008, 10:06 AM
It is the seat for the needle valve in the throttle slide. It's located above and under the main jet. It will not run correctly without it.

SWIGIN
05-17-2008, 10:16 AM
i think he means the little anti splash plastic thing that slids over the main jet.....you dont need this peice

tbirdscott
05-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Its good to have but not necessary. Its like a baffle to keep the fuel from sloshing around the jet orifice and stabilize fuel flow.

Scott

Dirtcrasher
05-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Yeah, as long as he puts around like EDOG does, that baffle missing won't hurt a thing.....

SWIGIN
05-17-2008, 03:04 PM
i never ran one and my bikes always ran right .......even my race bikes

bigreddaddy
05-17-2008, 09:39 PM
I had this same question a while back. I had forgotten to put that plastic piece back after going through the carb on my 200s. I did eventually put it back but didn't notice a difference in performance while it was off.

brettsky43
05-18-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks !! Just sat down with an EDBL (= Easy Dinkin' Bush Light!!). Tore out a bathroom floor, weed-wacked, and mowed ~ 1.5 acres. Did find time to fire up the bike, but didnt get to go for a ride. So I gather I dont need to replace the plastic needle jet holder to make these carbs work well. I think I will try them both out, make sure they work right. Will post on classifieds after I make sure they work properly; if anyone is interested PM me, the clean one is from an 83' 200X, the one I am cleaning is off an 85 200X.. On a side note, is there any way to repair a crack in the plastic fender?? I took it to a local guy who supposedly did some palstic welding, but he was not intersted ingiving it a try.. I used som plastic epoxy which seems to be holding it together, but I doubt it will withstand the test of time..Here is a picture..

oscarmayer
05-19-2008, 10:33 AM
you can buy a plastic welder on ebay with red peices for like $35-$45 for what you need.