PDA

View Full Version : KLT + sledgehammer. HELP!

nebraskaed
05-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Just bought my first trike, looked awesome. Seller stated that it ran last year than he decided to sell it for various reasons. They also decided that they had to remove the battery. From now on I'll never buy anything where the seller removes the battery. Just a good excuse for not running the maching for the buyer.
I changed the oil, drained the old gas and cleaned the air filter. I bought a battery, charged it up and stuck it in the Kawasaki..... Nothing. I checked all the wiring according to a wiring diagram I found on this site and everything looked fine. I do get a green neutral light so I know that the battery is working, I'm thinking that it's the actual starter, there's hardly any resistance in the starter button.
I've fixed up a 78 honda motorcycle, and kept my old 86 honda fourtrax running strong. But this 82 KLT200 has me ready to grab the sledg.
Any help would be appreciated.

pickleweasel_00
05-17-2008, 01:49 AM
can you take the starter off and hook it directly to the battery with some cables? Might be a way to test it (mounted in a vise for safety reasons of course :) )

WaimakRydah
05-17-2008, 04:50 AM
push start it and c if that works