PDA

View Full Version : My oh My What a Wonderful Day ! * (Bit Long)

3wheelCanuck
06-11-2003, 01:11 AM
:-D :-D :-D
After reading Bill X R's post couldn't help myself from singing along.

Tonite after dinner my Wife says to me..

"I've figured out what I'm getting you for Father's Day".

So I'm thinking a DVD or something...

Then she drops the bombshell: "Let's go pick up one of the trikes that are for sale in town ".

Well 5 minutes later I'm sitting out in the Truck with my Helmet ready to go for a test drive.

30 minutes later after a nice ride, and an inspection that reveals no major malady, but rather is made more impressive by a new set of rear brake pads, extremely clean all original plastic, and the signs of care in maintenance.

I'm off to clean out the ATM machine at the local Gas Station.
Having drained it of all available cash(Yep I emptied the machine), I'm off to the corner store to take some more cash out by using my Debit Card. *They put the card through and give you cash out of the drawer.

The only noted items of concern on the bike:
1. A broken bolt, that will have to be extracted and replaced to hold the exhaust pipe onto the head.
2. A minor leaking in the hydraulic brake on the front wheel.
3. Shock boots that need replaced due to tears.

So, If I've got you in suspense, I should point out that before I headed out the door I was the owner of a 1984 ATC 200M that I bought a couple of months ago mainly for the Kids to ride.

Tonite I rode home after parting with a measly $1000.00 Cdn (~650.00 US)
When the trike first went up for sale he was asking $1400 Cdn (~$1000.00 US)

Are you still with me:

A Fabulous 1985 ATC 200X with original and straight white tank, great complete set of original red plastics(faded but absolutely no cracks), good tires, stock blue seat with NO tears, and very little fading.

The motor starts on the 1st kick when warm, and with only 2 or 3 kicks when it had been sitting outside for a few weeks.
It pulls strongly in all gears, the tranny seems to shift well.

No strange noises, and great rear brakes thanks to new pads installed last year.

I think the carb may need a bit of rebuild work as it won't idle slowly, probably the main jet may need replaced. I'm going to just take it apart and clean it first as it may just be gunked up due to lack of use.

This bike was ridden by the owner's wife for perhaps a total of 20 hours in the past 5 years, and looks fabulous and runs better.

He also has another 200x for sale (Sask Canada), that he rode. The other bike looks rougher, but has some work recently done in the motor.

OK enough rambling from the rookie, but couldn't wait to share my good news. Let me buy you guys who are old enough to drink with me a round of virtual beers for having such a great site.

:Beerchug :Beerchug :Beerchug :Beerchug :Beerchug :Beerchug :Beerchug :Beerchug :Beerchug
* Yeah I know: Pictures! I'll try to get the time to post some next week.

3WheelCanuck

1985 Box Stock 200X *My Ride
1984 Rough and Ready 200M *Kids Ride this one ...

Wickedfinger
06-11-2003, 01:20 AM
Happy for ya man ... get some pics up dude.

RideRed03
06-11-2003, 01:26 AM
Right on! almost makes me wanna be a Father.....or maybe a wife for starters! lol

GET THOSE PICS
Josh

3wheelCanuck
06-11-2003, 01:47 AM
Note that all original stickers are still on the plastics and look to be in great shape on the X. Yep gotta fix a flat on the M, The new tire is here, just needs mounting.

3wheelCanuck
06-11-2003, 01:48 AM
Still new at this will do one pic at a time.

3wheelCanuck
06-11-2003, 01:52 AM
Last Pic: The venerable 200 M with it's Flat.

ATC crazy
06-11-2003, 02:40 PM
Congrats...good score man... ;)

Ace Mon
06-11-2003, 03:25 PM
Give that woman a hug !

3wheelCanuck
06-11-2003, 06:14 PM
Ace, Been dere, done it... Looking forward to taking my first long ride on the trike soon. Not till after the weekend though as am laying sod tonite, and then in a golf tournament all day saturday, She's planned us a family BBQ for Sunday ...

Thanks for the replies...
Quick question...
What month of the year did Honda usually switch between model years? Is it like cars that the 85 models were actually made and sold in the August/Sept. Timeframe of 84 ???

3WheelCanuck.