PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x: The price was right...

i58829
05-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Hey guys my buddy lives close to an 86 200x thats for sale, it has nice plastics presentable tank, powder coated frame, new top end (bored w/new piston), crank bearings were done, cobra exhaust, razr tires, front runner?? front, new bearings front and rear, turn key rider thats not built to my personal taste but looks good. Its had 30 or so hours since it was rebuilt a bit ago, we discussed a price so i want to know what you guys think before i say the asking price.

The tank scoops were painted, and need to be changed back, the tank needs paint it checked badly, and i'm not a big fan of the seat cover. The rest i can live with...

longbedGTs
05-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Id say about $1200-1300. I wouldnt pay as much for a 'modded custom' trike as I would pay for one that is stock.

Dirtcrasher
05-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Anywhere from 1000$ to 1500$. Looks to be in pretty nice shape!

smvorndran
05-12-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah, rebuilt motors without receipts could be boat anchors.

smvorndran

edog
05-12-2008, 08:51 PM
Love the carb..is that rattle can job.

SeaBass8
05-12-2008, 08:57 PM
That thing needs white scoops and a blue seat. Looks like a solid trike. Up here in the NE thats prolly a 1200$ trike or better.

i58829
05-12-2008, 09:04 PM
I was told the plastics are nice but theres some cracking in the rear around the seat/kicker area. The side cases, and frame are powder coated, and i thought he said the carb was as well but i may have not been paying enough attention. I didn't get any word on motor paper work so i'm in the same boat as you guys but my buddy looked it over good and said its all tight, and doesn't smoke at all so the story fits. Seems like it would make a nice one to beat up a little and have as a daily rider...

A few more pics, you can see the fender issue, the paint peeled off the right scoop, the bars are the 1 1/8? with the adapters, and that its been ridden a lot since it was all assembled.

dirtface
05-12-2008, 09:06 PM
For one that was just rebuilt, looks like it is leaking oil on the head and valve cover area. Those are actually "O" ring gaskets. I would say a good $800, providing it runs good and doesn't smoke. And the bearings and brakes are tight and in good working order.

i58829
05-12-2008, 10:18 PM
He had it advertised for 1300.00 which i thought was a little high, so we discussed back and forth and ended up at 1k. It's now sitting in my buddies garage up in Hershey, i can't wait to get up there in July.

Here's a couple reasons i went with this 200x:

i was looking at the one down here in Fl i posted about a couple weeks ago but just after looking it over (not riding or even hearing it run) it would need, 3 tires, 2 rear wheels, rear brakes, plastics all around, forks rebuilt, tank was dented, motor was seeping oil pretty badly, and it was in general just neglected. So i figure even if i could free it up for the 500.00 he 'just put into the motor work' then i'd be looking at another 800.00 before i go into the bearings, carrier, chain, sprockets, you get the point. I'd have another big restoration project.

So i was checking out some others within a reasonable distance and it seems that 650-1200 was the going rate. Aside from the simple fact gas costs so much and this was 5 miles from his house, it was already gone over once and although not 100% the way i would have done it. I think i can make it what i want and have a reliable every day machine without dumping excessive money into it just to get it up and running. It's all the little stuff that adds up before you even get into the details and appearance i'm hoping to avoid dealing with, TC...

jason85atc250r
05-12-2008, 10:22 PM
thats cool i just seen that on craigslist. what trikes or quads does your friend have? whats his name maybe i know him.

my garage i rent is just outside of hershey PA. behind the hospital

i58829
05-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah Jason i dont know if it was a steal but i think it was a fair price for what i want, plus i still have less than the cost of a new sport quad invested in my 3 wheelers combined.

His name is Chris Zimmerman i actually know him from the mopar world, i bought a 72 fury custom suburban w/factory 440 from him 5 or 6 years ago (my first mopar) and we go to shows and what not a lot. But he had a garage out old 22 east of 39 a couple miles it was back some windy farm road there was a place out there that was a storage unit for really high dollar collector cars that you could see from his old place. He pretty much only deals with 71-2 b-bodies...

jason85atc250r
05-12-2008, 10:54 PM
i dont know that guy. never met him

$1000 dont seem real bad to me since they put alot of work into it

i58829
05-13-2008, 05:08 PM
That's my thought too, i trust Chris' judgment on the running condition so simply because its an 86 i think its a fair price, for whatever reason i feel like 900 would have been a great deal...