PDA

View Full Version : Trike Bogging, now.

re-lapse
05-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Okay, I got a new float, put it in. Started in HALF a pull, quite a difference.

Now, I was excited and I went and road it a little too far, got half way down about a mile away and it quit.

First time I've ever gotten it into 4th gear so easily and smoothly.

I tried starting it, but it wouldn't stay running. So, I pushed it back. Yeah, I know, pushed.

Once I got it back, I started messing with the jets, I got it running again, but now every time that I hit the throttle it BOGS really bad, too much air? too much gas? i have each jet turned out about 1 1/8th turn. I tried turning them in, turning them out, nothing did anything. It idles decent, but I can't figure out why when I give it gas it quits/bogs.

Any ideas?

--Brett

Twilight
05-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Sounds like a air leak or maybe a clogged jet?

Hows the airfilter?

re-lapse
05-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Sounds like a air leak or maybe a clogged jet?

Hows the airfilter?

Jets are clean.

Air leak is unlikely other than out the air filter.

The air filter is horrible, to be honest. The tube that hooks to the carburetor is actually cracked, but it has 'never' effected the running of the Trike.

Any other idea?

--Brett

PS I'm trying to not put much more money into it, at the moment. I just want to cruise.

Erics350x
05-11-2008, 08:31 PM
You float isn't adjusted properly (too low), the carb is running outta gas

re-lapse
05-11-2008, 08:49 PM
You float isn't adjusted properly (too low), the carb is running outta gas

And to adjust that, I do what? There is a little spring that goes under the float to keep it flat, and then it flips back a certain amount, but then I put the new one on and it flips all the way over it doesn't stop, no matter what I do... I seen a little metal flap so I bent that back a bit so that it didn't flip all the way back when you tip the carb, the pin is a little loose too. Is there a way to get a thicker end on one side of it so it stays?...

Anyways, let me know.

Brett

Erics350x
05-12-2008, 02:02 AM
turn the carb upside down and bend the tab on the float till the float sets level with the carb while in the upside down position.

bigreddaddy
05-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Jets are clean.

Air leak is unlikely other than out the air filter.

The air filter is horrible, to be honest. The tube that hooks to the carburetor is actually cracked, but it has 'never' effected the running of the Trike.

Sounds like an air leak to me. You need a CLEAN air filter and fix the crack in the boot. This could be why when you adjust the pilot/idle screws it has no affect.

re-lapse
05-12-2008, 11:09 AM
turn the carb upside down and bend the tab on the float till the float sets level with the carb while in the upside down position.

Will do, when it warms up a bit. We just got a nasty cold front after some awesome weather. I have a shop, but it isn't insulated by any means. I may be able to do it tomorrow, though.

thanks,

--Brett

re-lapse
05-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Sounds like an air leak to me. You need a CLEAN air filter and fix the crack in the boot. This could be why when you adjust the pilot/idle screws it has no affect.

The air filter is new, probably dirty. How do you go about cleaning it?

I'm going to fix the crack on the boot, hopefully tomorrow and re-clamp that on so that the possible air leak is not an issue.

Thanks,

Brett