PDA

View Full Version : Tire choices

Russell 350X
05-09-2008, 10:45 PM
I just recently put a set of Sur-Traks on my 350X, going through mud/snow there great, but if I want to hit the trails hard and slide on corners, its near impossble to do. So I was lookin towards Fast Trekkers, Turf Tamers, or the Holeshot GNCC tire, in 20". What are your opinions on these, pros and cons, etc.

bigreddaddy
05-10-2008, 05:38 AM
One of the funnest machines I've had was a yamaha 175 tri-moto and turf tamers on the rear. This was back in the 80's so they were basically lawn mower tires. That was a sliding machine and was fun as hell.
Speaking of tires, I just ordered some 25x13.50-9 SUPER SWAMPERS for my big red. I didn't think they weren't made anymore so I thought I would share that info.

FastZ28
05-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Well I can't comment on the Fast Trekkers or Turf Tamers but I have regular 20" Holeshots on my 350x. They are of the 4 ply variety and I couldn't imagine a stiffer 6ply like the GNCC. I like the traction of them but they don't slide as much as I like. Now I recently put some 20" Razr's on my 250r and I am liking them alot better than the Holeshots. Good traction and very slidable. My two cents.