PDA

View Full Version : The color of green------------

tecat-z
05-07-2008, 05:06 PM
We went out yesterday to do a bit of tuning on the bikes before our trip to Silver Lake. Here's a few pics of T3 Lopes bike after some winter freshening. Made a few nice changes in setup for the new year, and it's running pretty strong.

jeswinehart
05-07-2008, 06:05 PM
It looks nice. Also looks like you guys have a nice test area as well.

john

BigGreenMachine
05-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Dig the oldschool front end scheme.

Eric250R
05-07-2008, 06:26 PM
I like that trike a little more everytime I see it. Great job man...:beer

ceaserthethird
05-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Wow the Tecate Looks sick, Great Job.

What swing arm & pipe you got on their ?

She's Beautiful :drool:

tri-Z ripper
05-07-2008, 07:36 PM
nice tecate! rip it!

ccdhowell
05-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I gotta say Matt that she is beautiful. Is that the same pipe, just black, or another pipe? I guess I can't park beside you at TF this year, your trike is a real looker; clean in all the right places, if you know what I mean.

I can't remember, was your frame always like that, grean I mean. How's it runnin'? I agree with John, great looking riding area. Easy to keep it clean in an area like that. I won't post up a pic of my Tecate right now, might get banned for letting it sit in the yard like it is, too muddy last time I rode. I like your airfilter. Is that a 90 degree rubber coupler on the back of the carb? Looks like it works well, I'll have to check it out up close and personal at TF.

See ya man.

Ceaser, it is a Champion swingarm, NOS, old school sweetness!

Chris

dizasterzrfun69
05-07-2008, 08:12 PM
looks good. is that that 330R in the back ground? We cant wait for this weekend. My paddles should be here tomorrow and i gotta blead my rear brakes on my 85 250R ( i had a leak at the e-brake block off). I still gotta get a spark arrestor but im going to get one when we get up there, im going to try and find my stock silencer to bring it along also.

:TrikesOwn

T3 LOPES
05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=ccdhowell;619834]I gotta say Matt that she is beautiful. Is that the same pipe, just black, or another pipe? I guess I can't park beside you at TF this year, your trike is a real looker; clean in all the right places, if you know what I mean.

I can't remember, was your frame always like that, grean I mean. How's it runnin'? I agree with John, great looking riding area. Easy to keep it clean in an area like that. I won't post up a pic of my Tecate right now, might get banned for letting it sit in the yard like it is, too muddy last time I rode. I like your airfilter. Is that a 90 degree rubber coupler on the back of the carb? Looks like it works well, I'll have to check it out up close and personal at TF.

See ya man.

Ceaser, it is a Champion swingarm, NOS, old school sweetness!

Thanks Chris I appreciate you complements . That goes for all who have replied . Chris it is a different pipe than last years tecate and yes the frame was green at TF . I picked up the pipe from another member . Thanks Curt! I just did a few change ups like I do from year to year. I put a fresh piston in it , blasted and painted the front forks, new brake pads ,got rid of that nasty air box, and basicly cleaned it up. The pipe is more of a high rpm pipe and it feels real nice and explosive . I'm still breaking it in for the trip this weekend and hope to take it back out tomorrow and get some action shots . It does come out of the hole like a SOB. So far so good . Can't wait to get up there this weekend and put some new quads to shame. Well at least I'll try. See you at TF. Lopes:w00t:

I forgot to mention The front wheel and tire is completely different from last years . Little change up Ed and I thought would work well in the sand . Thanks Ed

ccdhowell
05-07-2008, 10:14 PM
It does come out of the hole like a SOB. So far so good .

Hey Matt, 20" rears right? What gears are you running?

I'm having trouble picking the right gearing for my setup.

Chris

T3 LOPES
05-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Hey Matt, 20" rears right? What gears are you running?

I'm having trouble picking the right gearing for my setup.

Chris

Chris they are twenties on the back . My gearing is 13 38. Works well for this tame motor. The place we were at is my exwifes grandparents place . 178 acres of fun!!

ccdhowell
05-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Wow, I'm quite a bit taller than you. I'm running 14/34 on 18s that are closer to 19". It's sluggish down low, but really gets it mid range on up.

That a bassani pipe? I need to locate me one of them. I think my engine is limited in the upper rpms by the DG pipe. Pulls hard from the bottom, but seems like it isn't going as hard up high as it should; like I'm filling up the pipe and no more will go through. It started doing this when I took the airbox off and put a 39PWK on it. That's close to the setup you have now, right?

Chris

T3 LOPES
05-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Wow, I'm quite a bit taller than you. I'm running 14/34 on 18s that are closer to 19". It's sluggish down low, but really gets it mid range on up.

That a bassani pipe? I need to locate me one of them. I think my engine is limited in the upper rpms by the DG pipe. Pulls hard from the bottom, but seems like it isn't going as hard up high as it should; like I'm filling up the pipe and no more will go through. It started doing this when I took the airbox off and put a 39PWK on it. That's close to the setup you have now, right?

Chris

Ya pretty close to the same set up. A few members said it could be a Bills pipe but I'm not sure . It is a old school pipe that is in great condition . Dg is a more mid range pipe but it did work well on my bike . I just wanted to change it up and see how she ran . Seems to run better, but it ran like a MFer last season and its been so long since I rode it with the Dg I can't remember.Your bikes top speed would be faster then my bike with the set up your running for gearing . We'll have to line them up at TF to compare.

hadar
05-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Oh man, those are sweet pics. I'm counting the days to trikefest and thinking we sould get all the t3's lined up. Looks great Matt.

kasuki
05-08-2008, 10:01 PM
hey t3 lopes where did you order the dust covers for your forks i like the look and what size are they thanks for the help.

T3 LOPES
05-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks Justin. We can definitly get some good shots. Well take some pics like we did last year on the drag strip. When it was Ed you and I on the launch. Good Pics! I can't wait to line up with the tecate to hottie and see what shes got. TF will be here before we know it .

T3 LOPES
05-08-2008, 10:07 PM
hey t3 lopes where did you order the dust covers for your forks i like the look and what size are they thanks for the help.

Rocky mt.com 35 mm. I like them, it just took some getting use to.

hadar
05-08-2008, 10:13 PM
I hope I can bring too hottie. I still havn't got much ride time in on it, gonna try though. I expect to get my secret build unvailed soon. I only want to bring 3 trikes. I've got some hard choices to make on what to bring. I think my brother is just bringing his x, Got a trailer this year.

T3 LOPES
05-08-2008, 10:17 PM
I hope I can bring too hottie. I still havn't got much ride time in on it, gonna try though. I expect to get my secret build unvailed soon. I only want to bring 3 trikes. I've got some hard choices to make on what to bring. I think my brother is just bringing his x, Got a trailer this year.

I hope you bring your hottie! Get some seat time on that bad boy. Your brother isn't bringing the 86 tecate?

hadar
05-08-2008, 10:33 PM
I hope you bring your hottie! Get some seat time on that bad boy. Your brother isn't bringing the 86 tecate?

I guess not, he just babys that thing. I wish he would but he's the owner. I suppose I could leave the 85 behind. The 84 might be running in the stock class drags. unless I put a 250 cylinder on hottie which may still happen. Your right, I need to ride it soon. Are you going to drag race this year Matt?

T3 LOPES
05-09-2008, 01:50 PM
I guess not, he just babys that thing. I wish he would but he's the owner. I suppose I could leave the 85 behind. The 84 might be running in the stock class drags. unless I put a 250 cylinder on hottie which may still happen. Your right, I need to ride it soon. Are you going to drag race this year Matt?

Justin I will be doing some drag racing this time . Are you planning on bringing a mud buster for the woods? Its to bad your brother won't bring his tecate. The greener the better! How many trikes are you bringing up between the 2 of you?

3Razors
05-18-2008, 09:09 PM
T3Lopes is that a banshee/blaster petcock you are using on the tank? I have heard of this mod but never tried it.

T3 LOPES
05-18-2008, 09:27 PM
T3Lopes is that a banshee/blaster petcock you are using on the tank? I have heard of this mod but never tried it.

Its off of a 2006 or 07 yamaha tt125 dirt bike. Whatever it takes to make it better!:w00t:

T3 LOPES
01-28-2010, 10:15 PM
found it! just popping this back up for another member to check out.

dcreel
01-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Matt, I had never seen this thread.. I have to say it makes me want to work harder to get mine looking up to the quality that yours is. It looks great.. I can't wait for the OK Rampage I'm going to pick your brains on some setup questions I have. I'm also hoping you will ride my Tecate and tell me what it may or may not need. Definitely love the tecates

T3 LOPES
01-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Hey Doug, we cant wait to get back down there to tear up the sand ! See ya soon!

bigpimpin
01-29-2010, 12:49 AM
nice lookin trike there!

Tecate 50
01-29-2010, 03:10 AM
Oh yeah......brrrrrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrr brrrrrr rrrr! DOOM IS BACK BABY!

Tecate 50
01-29-2010, 03:11 AM
STRONGER, FASTER, AND LOUDER.......see yall in April!

danimal95
01-29-2010, 09:59 AM
looks awesome guys,good work.....when are you going to silver lake??i may meet you there