PDA

View Full Version : shoe goo

tanks350x
05-06-2008, 11:13 PM
I found a really good way to fix cracked plastics, Im sure alot of you probably have tried this before,,:naughty: what I did was ,, I took and old soldering gun on the bottom side of my front fender and melted the crack all the way across it, then took a fair amount of shoe goo and covered it pretty good.. It seems to have cured really strong. Plus it looks better than laces

Tecate250
05-07-2008, 11:45 AM
All you need is a heat gun. There is plastic slag on almost every atv plastic. Just cut away a piece that no one will see and heat nthe are up until it changed to a wet look. Then just use the (plastic welding rod like you were brazing something. I did this to my front fender off the tecate and we droped the bike right on a tailgate right on the bottom of my fender and it did not even budge.

Dirtcrasher
05-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I bet Shoe Goo would fix cracked rubber intakes real well!!

Frankencelery
05-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Ya think? My ATC90 air intake tube between carb and filter is all shot, and I've been contemplating something like that to repair it. Hmmmm....

pickleweasel_00
05-07-2008, 10:47 PM
I used the black weatherstrip adhesive on my intake boot. Seems to work well so far, and it stays pliable too. I just put a good layer over the whole thing and let it sit overnight and was good to go

tanks350x
05-10-2008, 09:12 AM
I got the idea from racing our remote controlled cars, it works awesome on our lexan bodies, The best thing is, It dries clear, unnoticeable

joe_f7
05-10-2008, 11:09 PM
what is shoe goo and where can you get it? i need to fix my intake boot and i'm looking for a good way to do it. i've heard of using the rubber coating for plyers.

tanks350x
05-28-2008, 05:58 PM
what is shoe goo and where can you get it? i need to fix my intake boot and i'm looking for a good way to do it. i've heard of using the rubber coating for plyers.
shoe goo, you can get it at your local hardware store, It's almost like a cross between a silicone, and a model glue type compound. It comes in a red and white tube, try it what do you have to lose:naughty:

Trikeaholic
05-28-2008, 08:57 PM
Holy crap somerset, MA. I used to date a chick there way back in the day. Spent a good amount of time in "sommaset", right along the "rivva". Were talkin 1990 style.

DeePa
05-28-2008, 08:58 PM
hey, youre not far away from me at all in somerset...

check out the nh ride threads

tanks350x
05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Holy crap somerset, MA. I used to date a chick there way back in the day. Spent a good amount of time in "sommaset", right along the "rivva". Were talkin 1990 style.
Thats funny Trikeaholic, I live pretty close to the rivva! myself:D