PDA

View Full Version : Can u push start a 200S?

WaimakRydah
05-06-2008, 06:19 AM
I was wondering if its possible 2 push start a trike with the automatic clutch feature? this may sound like an idiotic question 2 some but tried my self earlier in the week and it didnt start the bike so i was wondering if its possible?

lndy650
05-06-2008, 07:53 AM
not a stupid question at all...you can but sometimes they engage and sometimes they dont. ive had the best luck putting it in gear picking up the rear bumper running and dropping it. it seems to work most of the time

Yamada
05-06-2008, 08:00 AM
Yes you can, but if the one-way bearing inside the centrifucal clutch is broken, when you will try to push it will feel like the trike is in neutral. Shift it into 4 or 5 gear, this way the engine will be easier to turn

topless
05-06-2008, 11:03 AM
We have used a tow strap and pull a wheeler around to start. It works fine if everything in the clutch is good

1BFC
05-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Back when I was riding the 185 and 200 models, and the pull rope would always break on us in the middle of nowhere (we'd ride in the Everglades...) ,we would pull start them with another trike.

The trick was put it in 3rd or 4th gear and had a person hold the shifter down. With the shifter held down we'd then get some speed up and then release the shifter to engage the transmission and turn the engine over.

So, in essence, you are holding the clutch in on the automatic clutch by holding the shifter in the down position and when you release the shifter the clutch engages.

You can do this with people pushing too.

Custom200
05-06-2008, 03:08 PM
i always used to put the bike in 2nd or 3rd the lift it up by the back rack and run aong with it. drop it down to engage the clutch and wait to go

nate b
05-06-2008, 09:34 PM
pick the back of the machine up and run with it? sounds like a good way to smash you nads. just put it in 2nd gear or so and hold up or down on the shifter while you push it , and when its up to speed let go of the shifter and whala. The engine will turn over faster if you use 1st or 2nd gear, depending on traction, you'll have to play with the gear selection.