PDA

View Full Version : any where in NH/MA to bore a cylinder?

kilabeez0
05-02-2008, 10:32 PM
looking to bore my 110 jug .5 over in NH or MA

Dirtcrasher
05-03-2008, 11:13 AM
My Honda dealer in Bridgewater Mass does them for 75$. I would think ay dealer around you or an auto engine builders could hook you up??

brrcuda
05-03-2008, 12:36 PM
My neighbor got his banshee done by a shop called Scotty's Automotive or Machine shop (cant remember exactly the wording) in Manchester. If you ask around i think most dealers do subcontract boring/spec out to them. The yami dealer in derry did. Do a little research and save on the markup the shops are tacking on - go directly to them.

My neighbor was very happy and so was I since my tri-z was actually/indirectly done by them. I dont know about prices though, but it seems that everyone goes to them here locally.

sblt500r
05-03-2008, 10:34 PM
My Honda dealer in Bridgewater Mass does them for 75$. I would think ay dealer around you or an auto engine builders could hook you up??

if thats bettencourts, you should find another shop to bore your cylinders. there friging morons. the last cylinder i had bored there was my lt500r cylinder and they screwed it up. plus they hone cylinders to size not bore them, which is not the way to bore cylinders. and there price went up quite a bit since i had them do anything for me. last time i paid $40 to bore, which was about 8 years ago!

Dirtcrasher
05-04-2008, 09:45 AM
if thats bettencourts, you should find another shop to bore your cylinders. there friging morons. the last cylinder i had bored there was my lt500r cylinder and they screwed it up. plus they hone cylinders to size not bore them, which is not the way to bore cylinders. and there price went up quite a bit since i had them do anything for me. last time i paid $40 to bore, which was about 8 years ago!

I'm in 100% agreement with you.... Fortunately, I have had one cylinder done by them in 5 or so years. I didn't like the honing machine explanation either..... I had asked them "do you have a qualified machinist to bore my cylinder??".

Who do you use SBLT??

I have a Wiseco coming and it has to be spot on.....

Steve