PDA

View Full Version : ALERT!! Trike Freindly ride park threatened with closure! here in south GA!!

SYKO
05-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Possom Creek, not 10 mins from my house. The Owner has to go up before the county commisioners, apparently he has a bad neighbor complaining, this is a nice clean facility that Ive been to numerous times when I need to get out and just have a good time. He is also trike freindly! not to many places can boast that! I dont know what anyone can do here, I plan on attending the meating and voicing my opinions and concerns over this as best I can. If anyone knows how to do those E-patition maybe you could start one for me and I will link it all over the place to numerous sites, I dont know how to do that, so any help would be appreciated, and if your in the south ga north fla area please try to attend the meating!!

http://possumcreekoffroadpark.net/

patition to keep open!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/possum/petition.html

please sign even if you dont ride or live here!

email them and give them some encouraging words!

edit: here is the original thread on this place with addtional pictures!

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=72901&highlight=possum+creek

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20riding%20and%20racing/100_4941.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20riding%20and%20racing/100_4942.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20riding%20and%20racing/100_4953.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20riding%20and%20racing/100_4955.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/southgacustoms/atv%20riding%20and%20racing/100_4952.jpg

:welcome:

devilman
05-01-2008, 09:05 PM
what are they complaining about? the noise? thats BS. Its his property and the neighbor isn't that close to the park are they.

SYKO
05-01-2008, 09:07 PM
the closest house is about 1/2 mile away, and most of the time people are deep in the woods riding where you cant hear the loudest Atv.

longbedGTs
05-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Dammit, I need to ride there before it closes! Figures the neighbors are complaining. That neighborhood just LOOKS like its full of yuppie b1tches. :rolleyes:

...and devilman, your av kicks ass!

devilman
05-01-2008, 09:12 PM
wish i could help with the petition, people piss me off sometimes, i don't even want to get started. when you get a petition out, i can forward it out to a few.
Good luck

longbedGTs
05-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Possum Creek ATV Park provides a safe place for all ages of ATV riders to enjoy their sport. We have taken every measure to ensure our park meets the publics needs and are pleased to be able to provide such a place. Riders must wear helmets and no disorderly behavior is permitted with respect to the other ATV riders. Without our ATV park, riders may be inclined to ride on public roads, neighborhoods, or any place ATVs are prohibited. Possum Creek ATV Park is for the public.

Dude, Im not good at writing 'professional' *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* like this. Maybe you could post this in the open forum in hopes that others might add to it. Thats the best I could come up with.

SYKO
05-01-2008, 09:43 PM
thanx John, guys I just got off the phone with David (owner) hes pretty upset over this, all he wanted was to make a family freindly atv park that is afforable and fun to ride at, and has 1 neighbore that is causing all the problems. I told him I put up threads on a bunch of ATV forums about this and trying to start a E-Patition to help him out. He seemed very greatfull for this, so we need to try to do what we can to help this place out, plus like I said before this place is TRIKE FREINDLY! how many places are like that left?

SYKO
05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
here is the link to the online patition please sign, even if you never come to this park! show your suport for trikes and atv pricate riding areas!

http://www.petitiononline.com/possum/petition.html

i58829
05-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Man that's bad news. You can't get away with anything these days. My HOA is so bad i have to get clearance to fart on my back porch, ask Jason i wouldn't even start the 350x here for fear of getting thrown out. With any luck someone they are complaining to has ridden there and appreciates the place as a safe/legal riding spot and will shut these idiots up. Up north people would develop farm fields that were located near the dirt tracks and the people that moved in would complain about the noise, but they never got much because the tracks were there long before the houses. Sometimes people need to sthu and mind their own business, TC...

Russell 350X
05-01-2008, 10:13 PM
I've never been there, but I signed it and left a good comment. I hate seeing good riding places shut down.

jeswinehart
05-01-2008, 10:22 PM
I would pay attention to that if e-mailed to me making a decision on something,
Perhaps free passe's for those folks needing further info on the decision making process ?
I know Haspin Acres is a big contributor to the town of Laural, Ind.
Bad lands the same to Attica, Ind.

john

aldochina
05-02-2008, 12:53 AM
iv'e never been, hopefully i'll have the option though. i sighned as should everyone on the boards. its really crazy why they want to close places like this,and make it illegal to ride virtually anywere, but yet they keep selling atv's and dirtbikes like hotcakes. if we all don't start seriously voicing our opinions we'll all be doing laps around our houses.(if were lucky)

McDerry
05-02-2008, 03:34 AM
ANyone put up links over to highlifter or atvconnection yet??

longbedGTs
05-02-2008, 04:02 AM
Im #27. Its good to see everyones support. So whos decision is it to shut down or keep the park open? Berrien Co.? Hell, I live here and dont even know who the comissioners are. :crazy: Let me know who to talk to and Ill start my bitchin'. Ive got plenty of time and plenty to say.
You know, I find it odd that just ONE person is creating this firestorm. Id think that there would have to be more complaints than just ONE. If this case were brought before me by ONE person, Id tell 'em to get fuct. More than one person would get my attention. If Possum Creek is shut down, Im Soooo going to rip up and down the roads all day long. If I get stopped? "Well Officer, I used to ride at Possum Creek but since it was shut down, riding here is my only option." Whats next? Are they gonna take our ATVs? Nazi-Germany is becoming worldwide. Its sad.
/rant

LonesomeTriZ
05-02-2008, 06:03 AM
I am #29. I hope I get to ride there before they shut down.

SYKO
05-02-2008, 09:08 AM
THANX guys! Its not the biggest or the greatest place to ride, but the fact of the matter is IT IS A PLACE TO RIDE! my daughter loves it out there, and that speaks volumes to me.

edit: can any one link this thread on some other atv sites and forums? I only stay around a select few.

SYKO
05-02-2008, 11:10 PM
puttin it to the top! check it!

hondahaulic
05-03-2008, 01:36 AM
im #91, i hate to see these kind of places get shut down.

LonesomeTriZ
05-03-2008, 05:54 AM
Does the other side have a petition going to shut it down?

SYKO
05-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Does the other side have a petition going to shut it down?

as far as I know Its just one craby old man causing all the problems, but thats all it takes is one geratric to spill his pills and see a atv outside to freak out.

SYKO
05-03-2008, 08:12 PM
saturday evening bump.

Erics350x
05-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Maybe someone should go and suggest some type of noise restriction for the few that ride without there exhaust core or sparky? Then maybe we could all be happy.

SYKO
05-03-2008, 09:47 PM
every time ive been there, me and my freind were the ONLY ones that had modified machines, everything else is stock mainly, even though ours has pipes and silencers, there still not loud..

DIGGER DOG
05-04-2008, 11:09 AM
petition sighned #127?

84honda200s
05-04-2008, 11:41 AM
thanx John, guys I just got off the phone with David (owner) hes pretty upset over this, all he wanted was to make a family freindly atv park that is afforable and fun to ride at, and has 1 neighbore that is causing all the problems. I told him I put up threads on a bunch of ATV forums about this and trying to start a E-Patition to help him out. He seemed very greatfull for this, so we need to try to do what we can to help this place out, plus like I said before this place is TRIKE FREINDLY! how many places are like that left?

i also put a huge link on my piczo site . so it should trickle threw the net little by little.

come on guys who ever hasnt signed it please do it. its for a good cause i think.

SYKO
05-05-2008, 08:30 AM
monday morning bump! please sign if you havnt allready done so!

LonesomeTriZ
05-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Um, can I sign again?

devilman
05-05-2008, 08:43 AM
got the word out on buscobeach.com/forums. a few riders have signed and support you. sure you can sign again if you have another email address.

ATC-Eric
05-05-2008, 09:23 AM
#151............

SYKO
05-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Um, can I sign again?

send the linc to your old lady, have her sign it then forward it to all her gurly freinds:naughty:

Dirtcrasher
05-05-2008, 12:55 PM
No 158 and growing strong!!

TrailerRider
05-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Signed bud. Good luck. BTW I live in CA.. but I hope my sig helps.

WLL
05-05-2008, 06:21 PM
one more sig for the list

LonesomeTriZ
05-05-2008, 11:04 PM
send the linc to your old lady, have her sign it then forward it to all her gurly freinds:naughty:

I did, but I think she forgot about it. :rolleyes:

SYKO
05-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks to everyone who came out to the meeting or signed a petition in support of the park. Everything went well, we will remain open the 2nd and 4th weekends of each month, and will now be open at 10:00am on those Saturdays. We will continue to open at 1:30 on Sundays. Our next ride will be May 24th and 25th. On Saturday we will have customer appreciation day, with free food from 12 noon until 3pm. Sunday will be military appreciation day, and admission will be free for all military personnel with ID.

2008 DATES FOR ATV RIDES

We are open the 2nd and 4th weekends of each month

Saturdays: 10:00 - dark and Sundays: 1:30 - dark

Check back regularly for new photos and dates.

We are also open per request for riding. E-mail or call for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prices

$10 Adults

12 years old and under free

LonesomeTriZ
05-16-2008, 10:55 AM
Cool, hopefully I can hit it up when I get home.

SYKO
05-16-2008, 11:05 AM
I went to the meating I was one of only 4 that stood up and spoke about the park, but there where 75 people there in suport of the park and just the 2 old guys that were pissed at the park..

basically the problem was 1 the noise.... 2nd the old guys were complaining about people riding by their house on the dirt road on atv's...... ok thats got nothing to do with the park though.. you cant stop people from doing stuff such as that outside of the park.

basicaly these guys were just old AZZholes neither ever had kids, so they dont know what its like to enjoy stuff like this

next weekend they plan on having a customer appreiciation day, I plan on attending.

thanx everyone for signing the petition, I will keep it going just in case another problem arises.

devilman
05-16-2008, 11:28 AM
AWESOME :beer

are you in the service Syko?

SYKO
05-16-2008, 11:47 AM
negative... I never could get in, I have major scaring on my legs from a fire injury that prevents me from doing alot of things

smvorndran
05-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Our local Honda dealer's had property behind the dealership to ride on for as long as I can remember. He just built a new Powerhouse building, and people dragging mud onto his parking lot is making him shut it down. I've rode there for 15 years. It didn't help that last week a dumba$$ ran his quad into a parked train. Now I'll have to travel a little farther to ride. This sucks. Glad yours is staying open, looks like this one is done.

smvorndran