PDA

View Full Version : 200es with rear suspension

atcmatt
06-10-2003, 06:41 AM
hi everyone

sorry to annoy you but........

could you make rear suspension for a 200es????is there any kits???? has anyone ever done it before?????

i have a spare parts bike without a frame if that helps!!!!!!

any help or info would be appreciated

thanks

matt

Rockthunder
06-10-2003, 11:02 AM
Yes, i would assume it would be possible. The 84 TRX200 had rear suspension. It has a shock mount on top of the differential and a special swingarm. If you could get the swingarm and rear off of an 84 TRX200 you could probably make it work but you would have to find a way to attach the swingarm and make an upper shock mount.

atcmatt
06-11-2003, 02:17 AM
thanks for that info i bet it would not be all that hard........... itdd be good i reken i like the 250es but i want to keep my 200.........its in good shape. plus it would be to hard to find a 250es here in australia........maybe in a few months ill look for a trx200 rear and try working out something for my big red..............itdd be cool to have made it yourself.

once again thanks

matt

PowerTrike
06-11-2003, 09:00 PM
Yes, i would assume it would be possible. The 84 TRX200 had rear suspension. It has a shock mount on top of the differential and a special swingarm. If you could get the swingarm and rear off of an 84 TRX200 you could probably make it work but you would have to find a way to attach the swingarm and make an upper shock mount.

That would be awsome... I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 84 TRX200 parts bike. I knew they had the same rearend and axle but I forgot that they had suspension.

atcmatt
06-13-2003, 06:12 AM
hmmmmmmm thanks fellas! it would rule ey! ill let yous know what happens, thanks for keeping your eyes open

matt