PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in MASS got a good Powder coater??

Dirtcrasher
04-28-2008, 06:50 PM
I have to get a frame done in about 3 weeks time TOPS!!

I'd like not to pay 400$, I can blast it myself but I need a good quality HONDA red finish and clear.

Before I search the phone book, has anyone in this area found a reasonably priced PC'er that does nice work??

I can get the small stuff done, just not the frame................

Time is running out, my bad :(

Thanks for any help!!!!

brrcuda
04-28-2008, 07:49 PM
extreme powdercoaters in merrimack NH - just off RT 3 everett turnpike (10-15 min north of Nashua). They usually turn around in a few days and did my last 200x frame and red swinger with blasting for $350. Their prices went up due to blasting though - so maybe you can get it much cheaper.

They have a website for phone #, check out the link They are real friendly and always want the business and have done 4 frames for me. Its smart to go there and choose the color first hand though cause they have a few red hues.

http://www.extremepickup.com/poweder_coating.html

Thats an option for ya. Only ones in NH i could find.

Dirtcrasher
04-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks bud, did you find a PC color that matched the Honda passion red real close?? Do you remember the code or part number??

I had another member PM me about a place in MASS, about the same price though.....

I work up in NH all the time so delivering wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the help, keep em coming guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kilabeez0
04-28-2008, 09:34 PM
there is a professional chopper building place in derry on Rt 28. It's called Chopper Works. Anyway the other half of the building just opened up a powder coating business called Goodhues Powder Coating. There's a place in Dracut MA also, just cant think of the name.

brrcuda
04-29-2008, 05:34 AM
My first honda frame was spot on with the color. The second frame, i picked the wrong shade and had a slight orange tint to it. They have the yami, kawi and honda colors in stock but they spray whatever you pick out. They will fix any issues also....

No codes, i just picked from the palletes of colors on the wall. If you do talk to them, make sure you explain its a 3 wheeler frame and not a quad frame cause first price is usually a quad frame price which is more surface area. No sales tax in NH too.

Good Luck....

Huffa
04-29-2008, 06:12 AM
This guy isn't in your area (PA) but he is the cheapest I found by far, so cheap it may be worth it to ship frame to him and if not at least small parts for sure.

Behler's Garage (Keith)
1270 Hahn's Dairy Rd
Palmerton PA 18071 610 826 8252

He did my frame and these parts including sandblasting for $150, he painted my frame too orange and had to do it over again and did not raise a fuss at all about doing so.