PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x cam chain guides?

super90
04-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Well today I just got my cylinder back from getting bored out and my new wiseco piston came in along with some other new parts. I had the engine all dissasembled ready to be rebuild and as I was just getting the cylinder put on I noticed that the 2nd cam chain guide was gone! The one that actually uses the tensioner is still in place, but the one on the exhaust port side is completely gone. Is it possible it could have got wedged down into the engine somehow? I have no idea how it could have came out since the engine hasent moved since last friday and I know for a fact it was still there. Do these things just pull out? or is there some kind of trick to get them out?

Dirtcrasher
04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
I've honestly never had to pull the top end, lol....

I'm thumbing through the service manual and it shows one guide and the tensioner setup.

But, that guide that protrudes when the jug comes off usually just sits in 2 notches inside the place where the guide runs in the cylinder. You should just pull the clutch cover off to check it out, that oil rotor should be cleaned every so often anyhow......

super90
04-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Yep, thats the one. Im thinking it flew out when I yanked the cylinder off. I didnt know it just sat there though. But now I can see the 2 notches where it goes and rests under the aluminum gasket. The oil rotor was all cleaned when I replaced the clutch plates. But now the clutch basket needs some tweaking anyway since its tougher than hell to pull the clutch.