PDA

View Full Version : Would you run this? 350x

brrcuda
04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
So i cracked the carrier this weekend trying to adjust it for a new chain. I think if i dont beat on it too bad, i should at least get a few rides out of it anyways. New loaded billets are 100 bucks, but not in the budget until next month.

What do you think, run it til it munches the bearings or wait? Its cracked right down to the inner diameter, but im hoping the swinger will keep it together....

I want to ride it for mud season..

johnny's X
04-28-2008, 01:04 PM
run it, its not going to hurt anything but be sure to check it during your rides.

maggiesboy
04-28-2008, 01:07 PM
same from me, RUN it!

Erics350x
04-28-2008, 01:09 PM
In the past i've ran worse for years.

brrcuda
04-28-2008, 02:10 PM
That's what i wanted to know. thanks guys.:)

DeePa
04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
youre the king of "running it"

Dirtcrasher
04-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Uhmmmmm, I thought it was DEEPA that I've heard say "RUN IT" for the last couple of weekends. Where did that get ya bud?? :lol: , J/K!!!!!

I doubt that crack goes very far so I would run it until you get a new one. You know it obviously needs to be taken apart and greased up etc etc and a new one will be sweet.

That is as long as the bearings aren't shot.... Bad bearings ruin the axle and then it's more $$ to get it tight again.

I can't believe you had to hit it that hard :D

DeePa
04-28-2008, 05:36 PM
i learned the phrase from paul, so yeah...

its gotten me really close to the aslyum though...

Dirtcrasher
04-28-2008, 05:59 PM
i learned the phrase from paul, so yeah...

its gotten me really close to the aslyum though...

Two Z's down and out and one Honda on the rise :w00t: :D

brrcuda
04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
You may have gotten the phrase from me but its your decision to use it......;) Its all about getting through the next ride.......:lol:

That carrier cracked from me using a heavy duty phillips head driver as leverage. No hammer used - yet. The bearings are solid and tight, previous owner replaced before i bought it.

Soon will be time for complete restoration though.

Dirtcrasher
04-28-2008, 06:48 PM
You may have gotten the phrase from me but its your decision to use it......;) Its all about getting through the next ride.......:lol:

That carrier cracked from me using a heavy duty phillips head driver as leverage. No hammer used - yet. The bearings are solid and tight, previous owner replaced before i bought it.

Soon will be time for complete restoration though.

NO!!!! DON'T DO THAT!!!! :twisted:

You'll never want to ride the friggin thing :lol: We need daily RIDERS!!!!!!

Any of you guys coming to Trikefest or what?? Miss ya Paul :)

don't remember
04-28-2008, 07:05 PM
mines cracked on both sides and you would never know it but eventually i will change it , it can't really hurt nothin

Bryan Raffa
04-28-2008, 08:33 PM
I hear there's a guy in the hills of PA.. that can weld alum. with a stick welder:naughty: :lol:

Thorpe
04-29-2008, 08:48 PM
JB weld... jk

The Goat
04-29-2008, 08:56 PM
I hear there's a guy in the hills of PA.. that can weld alum. with a stick welder:naughty: :lol:

i should take a picture of the underside of my xb.

there are three pieces of aluminum welded together with a p5 finishing rod. funny thing is it was done with a cheap chatterbox on about 95 volts.

strong as hell too...used it to tow my xb down a pipeline sideways with a tractor.

amazing what you can do when you don't know you can't.

Dirtcrasher
04-29-2008, 09:16 PM
i should take a picture of the underside of my xb.

there are three pieces of aluminum welded together with a p5 finishing rod. funny thing is it was done with a cheap chatterbox on about 95 volts.

strong as hell too...used it to tow my xb down a pipeline sideways with a tractor.

amazing what you can do when you don't know you can't.

OT Post - Apologies Paul..............

Hey GOAT, you filled up or are you getting PM's?? "Can get a lot of aftermarket parts at cheaper than ebay prices!" Can ya get me a 12:1 WISECO piston for the 86 200X?? Just let me know please, I gotta do this....

Thank you!!

aldochina
04-30-2008, 01:27 AM
whats the proper way to tighten the 86350x chain? is there a special tool for it? the 3 slots on mine are beat to a pulp, i havn't messed with it yet but chain is definately loooose. do they get that frozen that you have to beat them like that? hopefully i can get it appart to grease it up, and maybe try to file the slots back somewhat square. anyone have a manual in pdf?

WLL
04-30-2008, 10:04 AM
imo the 350x is one of the most simple chains to adjust. the manual recomends a spanner wrench. its 3 bolts and wammo, takes me about 2 mins

johnny's X
04-30-2008, 10:27 AM
its very easy to tighten the chain.

1. loosen all your muffler bearings
2. loosen your power band
3. make sure to lubricate your wammer jammer nuts
4. rock your wheels back and forth
5. tighten everything back up

works for me everytime

aldochina
04-30-2008, 10:57 AM
if it's so simplehow come every stock bearing carrieri see is beat to @$#@^???

johnny's X
04-30-2008, 01:00 PM
becuase the have lost the tool and dont believe in lube. Plain and simple

Dirtcrasher
04-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Because it HAS to be taken apart and greased every so often. And, if you play in water and mud, plan on taking it apart allot more often......

Tri-ZNate
04-30-2008, 08:02 PM

There is 2 actually (but that guy is down by scranton), 2 owners before me on my old quadsport the guy had an aluminum DG silencer on the stock headpipe... He MELTED the aluminum to the headpipe. I hate previous owners.

As for you Paul, Givr Da Beans