PDA

View Full Version : I Need Serious Help With My 84 Honda 200x

robsalberghi
06-09-2003, 09:32 PM
Hey everybody, um i got some serious honda 84 200x problems. Ok first off the kick back spring for the kick starter broke in my honda. EEP! now i have the part, but you see this is a common part that brakes on these bikes, now to get to it, you have to take the whole block off the piston out, the tranny and all of the gears. pretty much the whole insides to get to this one gear?? there must be an easier way, please tell me im eager to work. i really would like to talk to some 3 wheeler experts please help me we got lots to talk about!!!!!!!!!! :o [/img]

BLAZERONE22
06-09-2003, 10:51 PM
Goki electric starter kit! :D

kilabeez0
06-10-2003, 08:39 PM
is there really an electric start kit?

robsalberghi
06-10-2003, 09:07 PM
yes there ARE kick starts but i did some research and guess what there like 400-600. quite expensive. but i dont get it the kick back spring is buried in the tranny. why? this is a common part to break. im fustrated to say the least. Ill have a picture of how my project is going tommorow, but i wanna talk to some other 84 200x owners comeon i know you guys are out thee mabye we can swap some parts and tips. i got a little restoration ahead of me so participate in the fun!! talk 2 me.
@ AIM/ AOL: WOOKIETWIST
@HOTMAIL INSTANT MESSENGER: ROBASALBERGHI

BLAZERONE22
06-10-2003, 09:14 PM
From what I was told you do have to split the cases to get at it. I bought another motor so I would'nt have to tear into it.

robsalberghi
06-11-2003, 08:51 PM
un mounting the engine from the frame and taking off the piiston head and top assembley then having to take out the transmission seems un needed. Im askign if from either side of the engine like the lleft or right crank case side i can acess the spring. I have opened up the side with the kicker on it and I can see the spring but it is buried behind a mass of metal. I have the maitnence/owner manual so Im up to dat eon the insides. so whos got some advice?[/img]

kilabeez0
06-13-2003, 09:18 PM
the kid i'm buying my 85 200x from, has 2 parts bikes. if u need something, even an entire motor let me know. the motors are beat, as in they need a new cam and piston but tranny's should be good i think.

LaDano
06-14-2003, 08:25 AM
Hey, killabeez find out if he'd like to get ride of a rolling chassis. I've got a 200s motor for it, sure would like some cushion in the trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro. Thanx Dan