PDA

View Full Version : new 200x smoking now!! wtf?

200xkwit
04-24-2008, 08:44 PM
alright some of you might have seen the new 86 200x i just got like last week. welll heres the run down. 2 days ago i was out in the woods and i got the bike stuck and it was kinda on its side. and when i loked down there was oil all over. so i check the oil after i got it un stuck and towed to flat ground. there was no oil in it. the bike never got hot or skipped a beat and was not run after the oil was found. so i towed it home and found a piece of the right side case gasket had a piece missing. so i rtvd it up and havent seen a drop sence. i put new oil in it of cousre (10w 30). so now it started smoking while it was running .. not a lot of smoke but enought to notice it. i dont understand the bike has awsome compression and ALWAYS starts on the first kick... and dones not smoke on cold start. this leads me to belive that the rings are still good?. ... i kinda here the valves or that ticking that these old 200x motors get.. could it be possible that the smoke is caused from the vavles be out of adjustment? lmk thanks o and its not cold out side either:(

bigreddaddy
04-24-2008, 09:08 PM
If it started smoking after you ran it without oil then I would bet its the rings.

200xkwit
04-24-2008, 09:19 PM
its still had oil in it while it was runing that day it just dumped out when it was on its side. but it might have been low

bigreddaddy
04-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Are you sure you just didn't put too much oil in, and its burning some off? What color is the smoke?

300rman
04-25-2008, 12:00 AM
just because something is smoking doesnt mean it will run crappy. i had an old mini bike that smoked like a bug fogger. it was bad. but it ran like a raped ape.

super90
04-25-2008, 01:50 AM
Yeah smoking dosent mean it will run bad. My friends 200x smoked horribly, and even after a rebuild it didnt really make much of a difference besides no more smoke.

CrazyK68
04-25-2008, 02:18 AM
My 200x started to smoke real bad when I got stuck in a deep mud hole and sucked some fine mud in the carb. Yes I had a filter on, just the wet fine sooty mud still got in. Had to get new piston and cylinder redone.
Just another way to make a trike smoke...

CrazyK

200xkwit
04-25-2008, 08:19 PM
i checked the dip stick today when after it had been sitting all night and the level is an 8th inch over the top line on the stick. so should drain the new oil out or just let it "smoke off"? thanks

bigreddaddy
04-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Just drain a little out.

lndy650
04-25-2008, 08:28 PM
i highly doubt a little over the full mark is gonna make it smoke but drain a little out. just take the stick out and tip it on its side to drain a little out its easier that taking the plug out! might be a coincidence that it started smoking when you changed the oil if it sat a long time before you bought it that will do it or continous high rpms... 90% of the time if a 4 stroke smokes its the rings or improper valve adjustment

bigreddaddy
04-25-2008, 08:33 PM
i highly doubt a little over the full mark is gonna make it smoke but drain a little out. just take the stick out and tip it on its side to drain a little out its easier that taking the plug out! might be a coincidence that it started smoking when you changed the oil if it sat a long time before you bought it that will do it or continous high rpms... 90% of the time if a 4 stroke smokes its the rings or improper valve adjustment

If its overfilled it will burn it off. Just unscrew the bolt and let some out. Tipping it like this guy says will just make a big mess.

Erics350x
04-25-2008, 08:39 PM
If it was tipped over oil coulda got in the top-end and should clear up after a couple good hard runs. I would also change the oil out to a 10w40 or 10w50

lndy650
04-25-2008, 08:46 PM
If its overfilled it will burn it off. Just unscrew the bolt and let some out. Tipping it like this guy says will just make a big mess.

oh ya big mess from 4 ounces of oil:rolleyes: big deal get a rag.
i have seen plenty of 4 strokes with the oil a little overfull and they didnt smoke.
a kid i know thats retarded filled his 200x to the top of the dipstick hole with 2 stroke oil and it didnt smoke

Dirtcrasher
04-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Are you threading the cap in or just placing it in the hole??

Some models oil level is checked without screwing it all the way in but rather just placing it in the hole, check your manual.

I too agree that you probably just got oil in places it usually doesn't hang out and it will burn off.

bigreddaddy
04-25-2008, 08:50 PM
oh ya big mess from 4 ounces of oil:rolleyes: big deal get a rag.

Thats just being lazy.

i have seen plenty of 4 strokes with the oil a little overfull and they didnt smoke.
a kid i know thats retarded and filled his 200x to the top of the dipstick hole with 2 stroke oil and it didnt smoke

This is a very immature and crude statement.

lndy650
04-25-2008, 08:57 PM
no need to argue we all have our own opinions

The Goat
04-26-2008, 07:05 PM
"am I to deny them a laugh just because they don't have souls? no, let them laugh at the tards, and don't judge them for it."

200xkwit
04-27-2008, 07:05 PM
rode it all day today and no smoke the whole time except a few little puffs when we pulled in the drive way and i was watching it from behind while my buddy drove it. im not too worried about it the smoke is so minimal you can even tell unless to get up near it and look close. runs mint everything went good all day

DeePa
04-27-2008, 07:09 PM
famous words...run it. youll be fine. if youre really worried about it, do a compression test, check it against a manual, and if its close or slightly under, youre fine.