PDA

View Full Version : Zing....zing...zing...zinger woes need some help

boosted96cobra
04-20-2008, 05:49 AM
O.k. I sold my son pos chinese quad and decided to try out this little tri zinger. I bought it the other day, it would start with a prime but that was it.

Got it home, cleaned the carb and got it running.....BUT:

First problem, the starter plunger (choke) is frozen inside the carb, and I mean stuck.

Idle....do these have a clutch that will let it idle before it grabs. If I start it with the brake on or it isn't moving it instantly dies. If I do it on blocks or get going downhill it is fine. Even if I have it going on blocks and stop it with the brake it dies.

Weird stall.... When i get it going and cruise it around, sometimes when I wot all the way to the top and let off it boggs out and I have to let the rpms down and switch it back to start to keep it going.

Any help would be appretiated...and if anyone has a carb forsale send me a pm...

Bryan Raffa
04-20-2008, 07:45 AM
sounds just like mine .. the choke froze up .. and the low speed jet is clogged.. I went to pull the jet out ... witch is very small..and the brass groove snapped right off.. the jet is still stuck in there..

if you cant get both of thoes free and clean ..you need a new carb..

Im not even gonna mess around with used carbs..going strait for a brand new one..

boosted96cobra
04-22-2008, 01:29 AM
I am looking for a new carb, but my low speed jet was fine, it came right out and was clean. I guess ill get another carb onit and see how it goes from there.