PDA

View Full Version : Hmm,, what's wrong with this picture?

chris200x
04-19-2008, 08:30 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/april18thpics102.jpg

maggiesboy
04-19-2008, 08:32 PM
was it the frame or swingarm?

looks like the chain is holding it together

super90
04-19-2008, 08:37 PM
broken swingarm or swingarm bolt?

Daddio
04-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Cool man that looks one of those rear steer trikes. Just kidding . Looks like the swing arm gave out .

Preddy05
04-19-2008, 08:48 PM

First a Yamaha now a Honda.. What are you going to break next. Kaw? suz? :lol:

sorry about your luck.

chris200x
04-19-2008, 09:05 PM
This is the second time this honda has shaken the swinger bolt on me.. (I need a bolt and nut if anyone has one!!!) the first time I caught it in time. this time I was fourth gear full throttle. Thankfully I just skidded to a halt. :naughty: lol and cannot find the nut nowheres.. :cry:

Ended up tearin' up my rear brake line,,, and havent bled the front ones yet.. also,, lost the one half of the masterlink in the chain...

Managed to limp her home a good 10+ miles tho. Gotta love HONDA's!! :lol: :w00t:

I was quite impressed LMAO!!!
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/april18thpics107.jpg

I'm not even in a bad mood about the whole thing... new chain, swinger bolt and nut.. I'll be back at it in no time. SHE STILL RUNS GREAT! EVERYTIME!!

sblt500r
04-19-2008, 09:36 PM
haha, thats funny. first time i've seen anything like that happen. it really looks worse than it is.

is the shock ok? looks a bit off in one of those pictures

chris200x
04-19-2008, 09:42 PM
haha, thats funny. first time i've seen anything like that happen. it really looks worse than it is.

is the shock ok? looks a bit off in one of those pictures

Everything is a bit "off" in those pics Shawn. lol

I havent really looked at the shock too much. I was more concerned about getting it back together and outta there. we were miles out the RR tracks.. no where near any roads.

I'll have a close look in a few days when I pull it all back off and replace the swinger bearngs.

Anyone has a nut and bolt let me know ASAP! :D

RedRider_AK
04-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Jeez! Shoulda put some safety wire through that nut!

Dammit!
04-19-2008, 10:03 PM
I have a swinger bolt. Problem is I don't know which one is for the R and which one is for the X. Anyone know how to tell?

super90
04-19-2008, 10:11 PM
You can find that nut at any large hardware store, I use a nylon lock nut on mine. Got it at the local true value.

i58829
04-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Man thats some bad news, atleast you were able to get it home. I'm gonna ad vise-grips to my tools that should be carried list.

On the other hand, anyone that posts about not being able to get the swinger bolt out should just let you ride their machine for a few days...

DeePa
04-20-2008, 06:19 AM
good luck with that...sorry to see that to my old baby...

ronnie told me a trick about putting black silicone on the swinger nut threads before impacting the *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited* on there.

worked on both of my z's so far

good luck with that. i have a bolt if you cant find one...or i think i do anywyas.

mike

brrcuda
04-20-2008, 08:14 AM
eeeeouchhhhhh....

First look, I thought you snapped the frame in half. I wouldnt be in such good spirits as you were.:) :beer Looks like you lost the grabber there too. Season has just started and this much carnage already.

So, on a brighter note, how does the new supertrapp sound?

Huffa
04-20-2008, 09:32 AM
"This is the second time this honda has shaken the swinger bolt on me.."

You mean you 1st lose the nut then threads get ruined on bolt, is that why you need both ?

Amazing you could ride it for 10 miles that way ! Wasn't the chain out of alignment then, didn't rub the casing at all ?

chris200x
04-20-2008, 10:15 AM
The first time it hapenned Huffa I just lost the nut. The threads are all buggered up now because of the vice grips. I havent looked at the front sprocket yet. So I hope the case saver did its job.

The 6 pack rack was last weekends carnage.. I guess it wasnt meant to hold a case of beer. :D

Dirtcrasher
04-20-2008, 10:31 AM
There has to be a reason your loosing these. Must be something screwed up in the swinger bearing and sleeve arrangement or something is out of spec. I'm sure your tightening them so whats going on with them??

I'd tell you to get Yama....... to make a longer one for a locking nut or cotter pin but I think there is another issue.......

chris200x
04-20-2008, 10:49 AM
DC I think the problem maybe the fact the swinger bearings have to be replaced. My own fault I guess,, I've had the new bearing kit here a few weeks now.. just havent gotten them in yet.

Oh and Paul,, I'm lovin the new sound system. Definitly a noticable gain on the low end running 6 discs. sounds mean!

If someone has a bolt that they dont want ot part with,, perhaps you'll be kind enought to post a pic for Dammit so he can compare.. I have no idea what the diffrences are between the R and X bolts.

The Goat
04-20-2008, 11:52 AM
i for one wouldn't trust an impact to put it on. you can always go tighter by hand, and you can feel it as you tighten. Does give me an idea though. Perhaps we should all drill a small hole and slip a key through it. That way things like this can't happen.

Dirtcrasher
04-20-2008, 12:08 PM
DC I think the problem maybe the fact the swinger bearings have to be replaced. My own fault I guess,, I've had the new bearing kit here a few weeks now.. just havent gotten them in yet.

I strongly suggest you fix the swingarm bearings before you get killed.....

Impact gun, hand wrench, whatever, if it's working right it's not gonna come loose.....

84honda200s
04-20-2008, 12:12 PM
goat thats a pretty smart idea. im going to do that with 200x. mine has loosen up a few times before . but never to that extream. thats just flat out crazy !! man Chris i guess you do ride em hard. i hope nothing is broke on ya Chris.

Rustytinhorn
04-21-2008, 03:13 AM
Uummmm.....ok.....I just use the good old torque wrench and tighten it to proper torque. If I was worried I would add some blue locktite to it. No offence, but I doubt vice-grips are going to allow you to get any real torque on that bolt. They dont have good enough grip and are just too short. Although they are a handy little tool to have, I would opt for a cresent wrench.

atctim
04-21-2008, 08:15 AM
YIKES - man that sucks - Once the bearings are replaced - I simply suggest some lock-tite

edog
04-21-2008, 08:31 AM

The rider:lol:

chris200x
04-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Uummmm.....ok.....I just use the good old torque wrench and tighten it to proper torque. If I was worried I would add some blue locktite to it. No offence, but I doubt vice-grips are going to allow you to get any real torque on that bolt. They dont have good enough grip and are just too short. Although they are a handy little tool to have, I would opt for a cresent wrench.

Rusty.. those vice grips took the place of the nut I lost. :lol: thats whats holding the swinger on. :rolleyes:

2 days edoggy and thats the best you can come up with? :rolleyes:

ATC-Eric
04-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Same thing happened to me at TF Chris :lol:

It was a really weird feeling, I went over a bump, and then started to kinda "float" around :lol:

Got the bolt back in, and Sandpup had a spare nut I payed him a beer for, and everything was good as new!

edog
04-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Rusty.. those vice grips took the place of the nut I lost. :lol: thats whats holding the swinger on. :rolleyes:

2 days edoggy and thats the best you can come up with? :rolleyes:

Get that pic of Brapps wife's feet off your avatar.:lol: :w00t: :welcome:

chris200x
04-21-2008, 11:31 AM
Get that pic of Brapps wife's feet off your avatar.:lol: :w00t: :welcome:

Those are wheeliepop's feet. LMFAO!!!! :lol: :w00t:

edog
04-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Those are wheeliepop's feet. LMFAO!!!! :lol: :w00t:

He must paint his toenails then.lol

Tri-ZNate
04-21-2008, 04:35 PM
He must paint his toenails then.lol

More like the boys did it while i was asleep. Dont worry edog, no amount of paint can make me look as cool as you riding the R :lol: :beer

tri-Z ripper
04-21-2008, 07:24 PM
damn son nice job!

brapp
04-21-2008, 10:03 PM
chris how did it feel to weeble wobble lol

350Xhilaration
04-22-2008, 09:16 AM
chris how did it feel to weeble wobble lol

Probably felt great till the weeble wobbled and did fall down.

Glad to hear you weren't hurt and you'll be up again with little effort.