PDA

View Full Version : wont fire

kilabeez0
04-18-2008, 10:47 PM
110 i just picked up turns over fine but wont fire. guy said it ran great in the atc they swapped it out of. donor was an 85, mine is an 83. spark is there but i'm not sure if it's strong enough. the end of the plug boot cracked off, the part that sits down on the white part of the plug. would that make it not start? there is no air filter or exhaust. i sprayed starting fluid and then gas down the cylinder and pulled it over. if the compression was low would it at least fire or start?

i got the original 83 motor with it with a stuck transmission. and a motor from an 86 trx 125 with reverse and electric start. any suggestions where to start?:confused: :wondering

bigreddaddy
04-18-2008, 11:19 PM
Why are you trying to start it without an exhaust?

lndy650
04-19-2008, 12:36 AM
you can start it for a few seconds without exhaust to see if its gonna run it wont hurt anything. try a new plug 110's dont have much compression do you have a tester? if the metal part of the plug cap that connects to the spark plug is there then its fine the plastic torwards the bottom dosent really matter. if the spark is orange its probably a bad plug there should be nice blue spark.

kilabeez0
04-19-2008, 01:13 PM
there is a blue spark. new plug. i got it with the exhaust off so i figured i'd just try it to see if it will start. maybe the timing is off???

Erics350x
04-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Check the timing and valve adjustment

kilabeez0
04-19-2008, 04:08 PM
set the valves and they're good. thought the timing was off 180 degrees, and then i realized the F mark goes around twice, so I think it's ok but not positive. I'm thinking compression is low. I have my tester but not an adapter for the smaller motors, gonna have to go get one.