PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z water issues/ water in cylinder

maggiesboy
04-17-2008, 05:46 PM
all right. I am at the end of my rope BIGTIME! MOst of you know my Z has been down for sometime. I had the top end resleeved, and ported. I thought to have a major jetting or electrical problem, it turns out to be water entering the cylinder. I really am at the end of my rope with this thing. The bottom of the jug was so warped that the engine builder had to relieve cut the head so the piston would not hit it. I am guessing that the head is at fault, or something wrong with the sleeve that it is letting coolant in.

Have any of you had this happen? What do you think I should do? I have dropped 6K on this paperweight in the last 2 years......my wife is pissed. SHe wants me to part it out.

edog
04-17-2008, 06:07 PM
WOW 6K!

It would have been long gone by now if it was mine.

Erics350x
04-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Did you have the jug deck and head surfaced?

maggiesboy
04-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Did you have the jug deck and head surfaced?

yes, everything was decked

maggiesboy
04-17-2008, 10:06 PM
anyone else have anything to input?

pickleweasel_00
04-18-2008, 01:01 AM
on mine, the sleeve wasn't installed properly so after a few heat cycles it began to settle in the cylinder. Basically the top of the sleeve was sitting lower than the top of the cylinder and I couldn't get the head gasket to seal, kept blowing them out. Had it decked and then the piston came too far above the deck of the cylinder so I made a thicker base gasket for it. Has held together so far and doesn't miss a beat :) Other than the deck of the cylinder and sleeve not matching up (check to make sure they are flush) the only other way I can think of for water to get in there would be a cracked head :wondering

1BFC
04-18-2008, 01:15 AM
Well it may seem like throwing good money after bad...But since you have 6k in it already a little more to fix it definitively shouldn't be a killer.

Just get a new cylinder/head and be done with it is my suggestion. Unless the parts can't be had/found that is.

Good luck with the bike and the wifey...

maggiesboy
04-19-2008, 09:28 AM
WOW 6K!

It would have been long gone by now if it was mine.

I didn't cut corners

maggiesboy
04-19-2008, 09:30 AM
so the bottom line is a new jug and head...... anyone got one for sale? I have posted a wanted ad in the classified forum..... just need to keep digging :(

Erics350x
04-19-2008, 09:40 AM
You don't know for sure that it needs those parts. Pull the head and seee what you see. Take some pics and post em up. Even if you need a jug, you shouldn't need the head.

maggiesboy
04-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Just got back from my engine builders. The head is cracked.

Mosh
04-20-2008, 09:09 AM
I have some stock heads laying around.They will need checked,maybe shaved and polished.If you dont find one drop me a line.I have no jugs left though.

Just pay shiping.

maggiesboy
04-20-2008, 09:44 AM
you DA MAN MOSH! :D

When do you guys not kick arse?

I'lll let you know if we can't find one out here.

Mosh
04-20-2008, 09:46 AM
I may even have a coolhead too for you.I have to check.But that will be expensive.Let me know which way you want to go.