PDA

View Full Version : Yamahauler parts needed!

filthyhat
04-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi. I have recently acquired my first trike, a Yamahauler. I had no idea what I was buying at the time, all I knew was that it was a three wheeler and that I wanted it, but it really is perfect for what I use it for, like pulling trees around the acreage and so forth:TrikesOwn . Needless to say I have been reading all the posts on this forum ever since, and have gotten some really good information. The main problem is that my trike is completely worn out.

My trike is worn out beyond compare; the clutch kind of rattles, the lights don't work and it smokes like an old lady at a slot machine, but in the short time that we have spent together I have started to really like the thing. I want to make it mechanically sound and fix the lights at least, although I couldn't really care less at this point what it looks like, which is a good thing, because it looks like a steaming pile.

I found my trike on Craigslist, for 200 bucks, not running and I got it running the same day with a good carb cleaning and a new spark plug. The trike runs alright except that it doesn't want to idle, and it smokes like a banshee. I love the Yamahauler, and I want to keep it around as a workhorse, so I have decided to put a new top end in it. I talked to the local shop and he said that he would bore and hone the cylinder for 40 bucks, now I just need a piston and rings, and a gasket kit.

So I guess I am posting this to see if any one might have some of the parts that I need for this bad boy. some things I need are:
-obviously a new piston and rings, or top end gasket kit but I haven't mic'ed the cylinder yet to know what size overbore.
-front rack for my Yamahauler
-bolts for mounting the rear rack
-rear left mudflap
-I could really use a set of rear wheels and tires if anyone has a good used set for cheap, right now I have three different brandsand sizes of tire, all dry rotted and the left one leaks out around the rim overnight
-A stock battery box, the box is gone and I have to use a bungee cord, I actually dropped my battery once
-a decent seat, I can get a new cover for like 35 but my foam is really screwed up too, so I kind of need a whole other seat.
-headlight assembly, not the whole thing just the part that has the glass, or maybe just the glass I'm not sure if that is a separate lens?

Being as it's tax time I am worse than broke right now, so I can't really afford much for anything. My first priority is the top end, Although I would love to restore this beast into something like some of the trikes I see on here, I have to admit that I am really cheap, and I will probably just ride and use the thing like it is for the most part, but I do want it to be mechanically sound.

Sorry for the long post, I kind of ramble on. . .:banned:

350x'inNY
04-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Where abouts are you? I've got a bunch of 200ERN and 225DX parts, but if you are too far from NY, the shipping will kill you!

Here's my Yamahauler... got some Yamaha Assessories for it, plus some other ones Swinehart helped fab up for me (backrest/cooler rack) and I added the mud flaps. What's cool (no pun intended) is that one of those Yellow and Black Stanley tool boxes fits perfectly where the cooler goes, so I can either run the big ice chest or a good sized tool box. I need to fix the front tire and get some different front forks for it yet to be finished. Sits in the back of the shop, as my other trikes get more attention/use.

Bruce

filthyhat
04-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Hi. Your Hauler looks awesome! Man that really makes mine look like a piece of crappola. Of course I read about how TheOlderFox came up to help you work on your stuff. What a good deal! I have a pretty good friend who has a bike shop, but he won't help me for nothing, except to give me moderate discounts on stuff and some free advice. Don't get me wrong, I'll take what I can get!

I am actually in Oklahoma, about an hour from Tulsa, but if the price is right on the parts then maybe it will offset shipping some? I actually haven't seen many people from Oklahoma post here, if any. I would think that there would be more utility trikes still in use around here, as this is Oklahoma and all, but I digress.

A pic deserves a pic, so I will post my trike here in a bit, I have to find my camera cord, or my phone cord.

I have actually put the trike sort of on the back burner for now, as I have decided to convert my old xr350 dirt bike to ride on the street, as I want a street bike really badly. the xr is worn out too, but not nearly as bad as my trike. I am not about to buy a Baja lighting kit though for 500 smackeroos, when I can do it myself for next to nothing! :beer

I have time, I just don't have any derned money! Oh well, what are you gonna do? It's tax time! time for me to send 23% of my yearly income to the U.S. government for "services rendered", i suppose. SUPPORT THE FLAT TAX!:postwhore