PDA

View Full Version : Weird 350x problem/noise

Dammit!
04-11-2008, 01:37 AM
At the dunes last weekend, my 350x did something weird. I'm pretty sure it's the same thing that happened at the trike rally but I wasn't the one riding it that night so it's hard to be sure. The noise seemed the same to me.

Basically everything was fine. I was riding it pretty hard through the dunes and no problems at all. I killed the motor for a second before heading back to camp and from that point all the way back to camp the kickstarter was moving back and forth on it's own and there was a distinct squealing noise. Just like at the trike rally I shut it off for a few minutes and when I started it back up again it was fine. :wondering

Any ideas what could be going on here?

SWIGIN
04-11-2008, 05:57 AM
the only squeal i ever heard from a 4 stroke was a seizing cam

did it seem to be running slower then normal when it made the noise

bigreddaddy
04-11-2008, 06:17 AM
there was a distinct squealing noise.

Maybe you ran over a pig.....:lol: I couldn't resist.

brapp
04-11-2008, 03:29 PM
i am wonderign the the spring for the kicker came of fand is runnign against a gear or clutch baslet to make the kicker jumo back and forth on its own and far as the squealing i have no idea possibly a stickign bering or liek swigin said the only noises i ahve heard from 4 stroke is a cam stickign ot a stickign berring

Dirtcrasher
04-11-2008, 04:13 PM
I'd say that because the kicker was moving it may have something to do with the compression release and associated parts. I'd just pull off the clutch cover and check it all out, I'd also check that the cable is freed up too and note it's position while running. See if thats the same position when it's squeeling like a pig......

Mosh
04-12-2008, 08:49 AM
I have to say that Swigin and DC are both correct.
The Decomp cable hooks to the actuator at the camshaft.So if something is seizing at the cam area,it could be grabing the cable and moving the kicker actuator.

I would pull the rocker cover asap,and inspect it.That way if something is siezing,you might be able to save the head before it gets trashed.
It wont take that long to check,and will be cheap to reseal it, if it is ok.