PDA

View Full Version : How do you rejet carb?

kilabeez0
06-08-2003, 10:22 AM
I put a cobra exhaust and a UNI filter on my 85 110. It worked good for about a month, now it seems it's not getting enough fuel. So I figured I needed a bigger jet. My stock size is 82, so I called my Honda dealer and they said the next bigger size they had in stock was a 92. I thought it might be a little too big but for $2 wut the hell. Anyway, when I went to put it in, it was too big for the needle jet holder. So my question is, am I supposed to get a larger needle jet holder so this larger jet will screw into it?

atc86r
06-08-2003, 11:16 AM
jets are standard size. i haven't run into jets with different threads. carb is aluminum. be careful not to strip threads.

kilabeez0
06-08-2003, 04:11 PM
i thought they were standard sizes also, all they asked me was if it was a round jet and i said yes. no one else has ever run across this?? I'll take a pic later to show.

bigred110
06-08-2003, 08:56 PM
79 110 have a 85 jet in them

TimSr
06-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Jets arent exactly standard, as there a few different ones for each type carb. Im all confused now that I have Mikunis and Keihen carbs in operation around here, but I think its Keihen has short hex, long hex and round, and Mikuni has large round, small round, and hex. Im open for correction on the specifics, but theres more than one for each of these makes. This site will help. http://www.carbparts.com/