PDA

View Full Version : 200x questions

willrideanythin
04-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Well I broke my Big Reds forks so I have come to the conclusion it will not take the abuse I dish out.
Im thinking I fix the red and put it on the lawn for sale. I will however need another trike and was thinking a 200X or 250SX. I will need something slower so I can ride with my wife on her Big Red 200ES. Whats the top speed of the SX and X? Can the X be geared to run at different speed like most chain driven machines? I perfer an insane bottom end and a top speed at about 50 MPH. I am a sport rider by heart and have the machines in the stable to ride fast and so does she. Does anyone have any opinions? Also I will be looking for some upper forks for my Big Red.
Thanks,
Luke

TwoHundredEx
04-08-2008, 08:32 PM
The 250SX will do around 45-50mph stock, from what I've read.
The 200X is around 55mph but, will get there a lot faster than a 250SX.
Unless you plan on using the trike for any type of work, then go with the 200X.
Better suspension, better brakes, clutch, better aftermarket and more available parts. Plus, they're easy to find and usually pretty cheap.

willrideanythin
04-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Yea Im just looking for something on the slow side to ride beside my wife.

Ill have my wifes Big Red for work so that isnt an issue either. Are there any trikes Im not thinking of?

Also am I wrong to assum the Big Reds we have will do 45-50 MPH on good long hard pack? I can only guess.

TwoHundredEx
04-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Yea Im just looking for something on the slow side to ride with my wife.

Ill have my wifes Big Red for work so that isnt an issue either. Are there any trikes Im not thinking of?

How about a 225DX/DR? I don't know much about them but that may be something to look into.

willrideanythin
04-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I perfer to stay with Honda.

super90
04-10-2008, 12:37 AM
250 sx would work great, they are built beefy so I doubt it would be breaking anytime soon. The 200x dosent really like to be lugged around, Mine dosent like to be lugged around and with the clutch its a pain sometimes when you get behind the slow riders with autos.