PDA

View Full Version : All The Tiger Talk Got Me Motivated

iowarotax
04-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I have been looking at my other Tiger laying in pieces for a year now. With the other Tiger being found, it got me motivated to get my rear in gear. My 250 is 95% done minus OEM fenders. Its been that way for over 6 months. This one is a 200. I have all new controls and a brand new brake system, front and rear. It looks like the only thing Im missing is a front brake disc. It only took me a hour or so tonight to put this together. Nothing is tightened, just together enough to take inventory. Hopefully I can make some progress in the next few months.

Brockey
04-04-2008, 06:33 PM
Nice, I love to see pics of these. I will never see one in person I figure so the more pics the better.

Dirtcrasher
04-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Why don't you guys jam a piece of plywood on the back for a fender and go out and beat the snot outta one of these Tigers?? lol....

edog
04-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Why don't you guys jam a piece of plywood on the back for a fender and go out and beat the snot outta one of these Tigers?? lol....

I would love to see that.:eek:

iowarotax
04-05-2008, 06:15 AM
I will more than likely never have any original fenders for these. Only way is if I find another Tiger with some or buy them from someone. I dont think I would spend alot on them. Hopefully I will get lucky!

HondaHarry
04-05-2008, 06:50 PM
:w00t: good deal man. I played with the clutch some on mine, its freed up now, but I went the wrong way... rode it, got to 3rd and it would barely move, gonna try it again, (with the correct adjustment) I have the clutch pulled in to see if I can get some oil to soak into the plates, but im getting closer! I havent even cleaned the carb yet, and it fires in half a kick and idles perfect. thanks for the link!! I see it says a little clutch drag is normal for a rotax... too bad im gonna have to pull the side cover anyway to rewind the kicker spring... nooo I didnt pull the spring bolt out of the bottom, someone beat me to it. lol I fully understand why you have two of them now. lol kinda fun to learn something totally new. anyways, thanks for your help, very very much appreciated! :beer

iowarotax
04-06-2008, 07:47 AM
No problem. Just ask if you have any problems and someone on here will know. When you get a chance, post some up close pics of the forks and the rest of your Tiger. I want to see the forks on yours. Mine on the 200 are pretty rough and Im gonna be searching for a different set.