PDA

View Full Version : Searched: Anybody Using Innovate LM-1 to Tune?

automator
04-03-2008, 04:39 AM
I'm just curious if, rather than reading plugs and other time-tested methods, anybody here has used an air/fuel monitor to accurately assist in tuning their machines. I am looking at the Innovate LM-1 for my 200x, moto, and cars.

Any feedback on the use of digital A/F meters on trikes would be great.

:TrikesOwn -phil

Billy Golightly
04-03-2008, 09:31 AM
I've not heard of anyone using one on a 4 stroke here. Other guys have used Pyrometers on 2 strokes, as the o2 sensors do not last long in a 2 stroke environment.

Rustytinhorn
04-03-2008, 04:23 PM
I've been wanting to try colortune for a while, but dont have the $$ to buy it. lol
There is a guy that races cars through the block from me, and he uses the exhaust temp to tune his a/f ratio. He told me the setup once, but it kinda flew right over my head. I may try it again here in a few summers.

http://www.gadgetjq.com/ctune.htm

automator
04-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Yeah, the colortune is nice, but it's not in the same league as a good a/f meter.

I'll be picking up an LM-1 in a couple weeks and will report back.

Thanks guys!

-phil

oscarmayer
04-04-2008, 09:02 AM
you can sue it yes, but your going ot need a laptop to read it and the next question is, are you going to race this vehical where you need every poince of power you can get? if not it's kinda pointless. i can see if your competing for $ and such but if your jsut riding to have fun, then there really is no need. best bet is to learn what different adjustments do and jetting sizes. learn to read the plugs. that is one of your best tuning tools ever.