PDA

View Full Version : 85 ATC250R water pump parts???? ASAP Help Please!

SmurfOnAGixxer
04-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Ok, well I scored this ATC250R about 2 months ago, and it ran fine, and of course me I am the biggest procrastinator in the world, so I just got everything all up and running, changed the fluids, new plug, washed her down, well good thing I decided to do this, I noticed the coolant leaking, appeared to be coming from the case cover so I pulled that off cleaned it out and resealed it (at this time I had not seen the weep hole). So I put it back together, filled her up, and same thing, dripping, well this time I noticed the weep hole and thats 100% where its coming from.

So I need to know where I can get a rebuild for this, bearing and seals. And I need to overnight this stuff as I am going to silver lake in 2 days!!!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated. I am looking on bike bandit right now, But I cannot find anything for the water pump...

Thanks in advance!!!

Dirtcrasher
04-02-2008, 09:26 PM
Uhmmmmmm,

Way to go waiting till the last minute ding dong.....

EBAY or any other supplier - Thumpertalk, atvpartsdepot, rockymountainatv and on and on and on......

All the guys with OEM crap go through American Honda which takes 3 days so GOOD LUCK! :)

O/N shipping is huge bucks bud :crazy:

SmurfOnAGixxer
04-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Well I pulled it apart, and there are two seals it appears. A normal control seal which is behind the bearing, and then the mechanical seal with the spring. That seal actually looks very good, the other seal its very bad condition. Does anyone know if the mechanical seal was bad coolant would leak from the weep hole or if only the other seal behind the bearing would cause this?

I know, I always wait until the last minute.

I have a local place that will definitely have the bearing and seal right behind it, but the mechanical seal I doubt they will have.

200x Basket
04-02-2008, 10:11 PM
the mechanical seal causes the weep hole leak. if the other seal was bad oil would leak.

I just bought all that stuff from service honda. the mechanical sea, oil seal, bearing, and washer. about $80 worth or so.

they dont keep them in stock so no overnight for you :(

SmurfOnAGixxer
04-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Just bought all that stuff when? Like you wouldnt want to sell me yours, then get another one would you? lol

I figured i was going to have some bad luck on this.

200x Basket
04-03-2008, 07:33 AM
i may be able to hook you up. call me. pm sent.