PDA

View Full Version : ok...i am officially going to kill.....GOT HER FIXED!

300rman
03-31-2008, 07:24 PM
well.......i got it all back together today. let her warm up. rode her around.
and about 10 minutes later, something let loose between the crank gearsandthe clutch basket.

when i look inthe oil hole and kick it, i can see the clutch spinning. but it doesnt turn the motor over. nor does putting it in gear and pushing it. again, i can se the basket spinning, but no motor-turn-overage. so now i get to pull the motor out again.....

it wasnt quite running right, or starting well. im goin to take it somewhere to get it professionally tuned after i get it back together.....

Only good news is that for whatever reason it didnt have much pickup, be it the clutch or gearing, its fixed now. damn thing is a missile!

Dirtcrasher
03-31-2008, 07:27 PM
Is this the same motor that the sleeve skirt broke off?? Whats the matter with ya kid??

Enjoy your explosion........................

300rman
03-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Is this the same motor that the sleeve skirt broke off?? Whats the matter with ya kid??

yep....same machine..........runs fine with the broked sleeve skirt, i filed the rough edges and inspected for fractures with a magnifying glass. looked good, so i took the chance.

i swear...as soon as i fix one thing....another breaks.

and that balanced crank gave it a lot more low-end. it is a frickin mean machine.......well, what I COULD TELL from a 10 minute beat-around.

84honda200s
03-31-2008, 07:42 PM
jeez man sounds like the luck my machines have. ive bin there too man. i rebuild a motor and the tranny blew out, built a spare motor to put on id and it threw oil out the shifter seal. man it sucks when crap dont work like you expect it too.

Dirtcrasher
03-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Based on what some governors pay for Hookers, you did just fine for 10 minutes.....:lol: :welcome:

300rman
03-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Based on what some governors pay for Hookers, you did just fine for 10 minutes.....:lol: :welcome:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :naughty: :crazy: :eek: :pics: :pics: :pics: :TrikesOwn Dammit

brapp
03-31-2008, 08:27 PM
lol hey sounds liek the gea rjust backed off the crank. if the clutch basket is spinnign btu the motor doesntspin its probably able to be pulled apart with the trike fliped on its side.

300rman
03-31-2008, 08:32 PM
lol hey sounds liek the gea rjust backed off the crank. if the clutch basket is spinnign btu the motor doesntspin its probably able to be pulled apart with the trike fliped on its side.

i wish it could be, but about 5 side cover bolts are covered by the frame.

300rman
04-01-2008, 11:48 PM
well, i got her fixed! and actually, the teardown was a blessing in disguise.
turns out it was running horribly because the crank seal wasnt sealing.
there is a collar that slides on that makes it seal, and it fell out and rolled away when i put the crank in. i didnt notice it till i was cleaning up this morning getting ready for another teardown and found it.

all back together, and is ready to RIP! well, almost. got to replace swinger soon, but ive known that since i painted it.